Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
890 Posts
I had Allems roller releases triggers and I agree, they were great. However, when I bought my new K80 I had Krieghoff install their double release triggers. I cannot tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I have Allems also. I was sold on the roller idea and that I could change them back to pull if I'd like. Not sure if Krieghoff's triggers can do that.
Dave T.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
I have Allems also. I was sold on the roller idea and that I could change them back to pull if I'd like. Not sure if Krieghoff's triggers can do that.
Dave T.
Only someone who's a bit confused about the need for release would spend an exorbitant sum of money for something he wants to throw away. If you're flinching badly you will almost always be benefited by going to release. Krieghoff builds a fine release trigger as do others without the additional expense. Factory service on their releases is timely if adjustments are needed and they will not work on other manufacturers release triggers.

As the late, great Frank Little often said if you can't pull one or can't release one it's best to take up fishing!!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
All good points Dawg. I always look at resale value. Since the release shooters are still the minority in this sport if I'm selling, one positive point is the ability to revert to a pull trigger. Dave T.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
All good points Dawg. I always look at resale value. Since the release shooters are still the minority in this sport if I'm selling, one positive point is the ability to revert to a pull trigger. Dave T.
And you've had that K-80 for how long Dave??

·
Banned
890 Posts
Dave T.
Even if my flinch would disappear I have no reason to ever go back to a pull trigger.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've always liked the idea of either a dedicated pull, or release trigger, or all of the parts of either to convert back and forth. In the case of a K-80, there should be hooks, sears, longer pins for the release.

·
Vendor
258 Posts
According to Krieghoff, any non-Krieghoff release installation will void the warranty on your K-80. If Krieghoff or one of their authorized service centers does the release conversion, you will get the parts needed to convert it back to pull returned to you. The parts are only available to gunsmiths qualified to fit them - they don't just drop in and work.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info. I've been a certified aircraft mechanic since 1970, I've done my own gunsmithing for at least that long. I have my own machine shop, build my own stocks, restore anntique show trucks, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts