Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this little 20 but unfortunately Remington sold it with one of those terrible pull triggers. Sometimes I try to pull it 3 or. 4 times before it will go off. I thought a release may be in order. Suggestions on this problem resolution. Prices for release.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Spears used to do them for the smaller gauge 1100's. I don't know if they still do. I would call them. It will probably cost around $150 to $175 to convert the pull trigger.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Is it a lightweight 20 or built on a standard frame. If it's a standard frame, a 12 gauge trigger will work. Just have to change the carrier. This is what I have been informed of on this site. I have 12 gauge release triggers if interested.

Thanks, Alan

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
If you have to pull the trigger three or four times before it goes off, that sounds like it's broken. Or do you have an incredibly bad flinch?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have a couple of stupid questions since I know nothing about release triggers.

How does a release trigger work on a semi-auto?

Can you still fire a quick second or even third shot say in doubles trap or skeet?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Alan is correct that a 12ga. trigger will work in a full sized 20ga. but incorrect that you need to change the carrier. I switch back and forth between 12 & 20's all the time (16ga. also). if it is a LT or light weight thats a different story. nothing else will fit except a small frame 20ga. trigger. as to how a release works in a semiauto, really no different than anything else. yes you can shoot multiple shots in a row, just takes some adjusting to. always seems like a lot of things going on in an auto. Jack

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brian, my flinch is beyond ugly. I need a trigger for this LT 20 gauge. I gave up smoking many years ago, I would like to give up flinching also.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need to purchase a trigger and have a release. I am going to use pull to promote new and youth shooters.

Charlie

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Charlie, there are a couple procedures that can be done to your trigger to really sweeten/cleanup that trigger. Iam not a licensed gunsmith so I'll defer comment. But Phil can help and need for release may be eliminated.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pheasantmaster,

I would love to quit flinching but I have a terrible flinch. I will flinch 80-100 time shooting 25 targets with a pull trigger. I have essentially given up any hunting except in controlled circumstances where I can use my release. It is really frustrating to flinch this bad. I have tried using different fingers and still flinch. Low gun doesn't prevent it . I can shoot pistols and rifles without flinching. Maybe I should use single projectiles with pistol at trap, probably would not change my scores.

Charlie

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Charlie, try ear plugs when hunting. Do to you being able to shoot rifle n pistol, something unique is causing this. Wish I was close to you inorder to possibly find cause. But a good trigger makes alot of difference. Have you ever tried a dry fire exercise routine at home?

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No. I always wear plugs and muffs. I hate flinching!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.