Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to put release triggers in my K80 but was wondering which way to go: factory or Allems? Anyone had experience with both? I have great results with Allems release triggers in my Beretta 687 so I was strongly considering them.
Bud

·
Registered
425 Posts
Allems has very good work. But if you to not use factory you will give up your Krieghoff warranty. I have factory release in 3 K80's all are very good.

Greg

·
Registered
222 Posts
As Greg points out, everyone will work on factory releases only allem's will do work on allem's releases. I had releases installed on my K80 by Marlette and had the same discussion on whether to use his release parts or factory parts. He recommended using factory parts to eliminate any issues if I was not in a position to bring them back to him.

·
Registered
801 Posts
For what it's worth,I took my Krieghoff to ottsville for a "tune up" and servicing. When I got it back,I was stuck with a 4&1/2 lb trigger pull,caused a flinch you would not belive.Took it back and was told"live with it" asked about a release trigger. Would cost close to $900.00 for it. Went to Allems and was 1/2 the price. Have Allems triggers in my Perazzi's could not be happier. The Krieghoff sits in my gun case. Nuff said

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have the Allem's Roller Release in mine. No need to send the gun back to have the timing changed. You can do that with a flat bladed screwdriver, changing the roller size. If you ever decide to sell or trade the gun you double your available selling prospects. The roller can be removed and it will revert back to the factory quality pull trigger.

K.I. will not work on Allem's release triggers but they do NOT void the warranty on the other parts.

Vern

·
Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent information! Thanks guys for all the sound input. I really appreciate it! This is such a tremendous site, where else can you find such quick pertinent information.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Bud

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have Allems roller release in my perazzi mx-12 and they work ok. Nothing special.

I have talked to both Paxton and Herkowitz, they both shoot K guns, and both said it was because they could get factory releases. Both world class skeet shooters. Both will sell you any kind of gun you want. Must be a reason.

Snooky

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I have one K-80 with Krieghoff factory doubles releases and two with Allem's double roller releases. I prefer the Allem's roller releases.

Jon Reitz

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
The factory Krieghoff release has a very smooth set-my wife loves hers but I'm not fond of it. She can't hit crap with my Allem release but I like it.

A factory Krieghoff release will likely never need service!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts