Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guns with release triggers are common and should be clearly marked. An unmarked Release Trigger gun in the hands of an unsuspecting shooter could have serious safety issues. At many shooting events it is a rule to have such guns clearly marked RELEASE. For safety, mark all your Release Trigger guns with these FieldandClays decals on the stock, barrel, trigger guard, and/or at the end of the pistol grip. Clean and dry a surface then peel off the decal and apply. Decals will not stick to an unclean surface, but, once applied properly will stay even through gun cleaning.

Packet contains (2) -2," (2) -1 1/4," (2) 1" and (4) trigger guard decals.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
If release triggers are so common, maybe the guys with those funny pull triggers should be the ones labeling their guns. Or perhaps parents should have done a better job of teaching their children not to handle other people's property without permission.

Just kidding...

Ed

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All prices can be found at the web site listed above. Just click on it then scroll down. Or, copy and paste this URL into your brower: http://fieldandclays.com/store1.htm. Or, search Google FieldandClays.com.
Hope this helps. bob

·
Vendor
19,651 Posts
You know, I understand about this need for release trigger announcement on your gun. I always get asked if that "is a release in your gun". I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with my oft quirkiness as I crossfire. I do like the looks of them on the grip cap, and very often I get asked if someone could look at and shoulder my gun. I've never turned anyone down. My guns are pretty common in their set-up. 14-3/8" LOP with a .8 pad, 1-5/16" drop to get to 2 bead space, and about 3/8" cast off. Guys cans see these things on my gun and want to see and compare to their own set-up to see if they can learn something that will help with gun fit. So, I do not think it out of line that they see a release sticker as that seems to make them more aware to leave the trigger alone. Sometimes I do get asked to try the trigger and I agree to that as well by handing them a empty to try. Too, they can now ask smarter questions as to why I shoot a particular trigger rather than another popular brand. Release stickers are OK. Bob's are OK.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
My wife ordered me some and we received them today.

I like the narrow ones that I was able to put on the trigger guard..Neat idea.

Thanks Bob for these..

I like !!!!!

Dave in SC

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Shotgunpeople, really glad you like them. We designed them for serious shooters and are happy they are pleasing to you.
Best,
Bob

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you shoot a release, this is the way to keep it safe. Unessisary accidents can be avoided. We count on you to be responsable. Hope you agree.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.