Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have a release put in Fox / Savage model B. Are the any gunsmiths that install releases in side by sides?

Thanks,

Dale

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
It's against the law to put a release trigger in a SxS. The law of nature, that is. Even single triggers are considered in bad taste.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like this for sporting clays. Well I have not shot a double trigger gun so my single trigger will have to do.

Dale

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Two problems making a 311 into a release.. First.. the sear is so soft.. you need to rebend them on a regular basis to keep them working.. That change alone makes it impractical.. and second.. the hammers are burried deep inside the frame..so getting a "hook" on them is quite difficult.. While I've converted many to single trigger..and they work well.. the insides are basically.. cheap crap.. I'm not sure what the up side would be..

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I shoot a release, but went to a SxS sporting clays shoot and found I could shoot a double trigger. It's almost impossible for me to shoot a single pull trigger for trap or sporting clays.
I think the fact that it was so different, I didn't accidentally "set" the trigger a couple of times like I would have done with a single trigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.