Trapshooters Forum banner

Registering Targets

1293 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  big kahuna
About 3 days before I leave for the Grand I am shooting in a local registered ATA shoot. Obviously the ATA paperwork won't get those targets on my Average Card. Are these targets ignored or do I hand write them on my Average Card? I don't need these targets to meet the target requirement for classification.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
36,909 Posts
About 3 days before I leave for the Grand I am shooting in a local registered ATA shoot. Obviously the ATA paperwork won't get those targets on my Average Card. Are these targets ignored or do I hand write them on my Average Card? I don't need these targets to meet the target requirement for classification.
ATA members are required to keep their average card current.

There is a statement on the average card that says:

”The use of falsified or altered average card information for classification purposes at any ATA registered competition will be cause for immediate suspension.”

Not keeping your average card current would be falsified information. Having said that, most clubs are pretty good about sending scores in to the ATA and I have had scores show up a few days after the shoot. But this is The Grand you are planning to attend, why chance it?

· Registered
2,105 Posts
Put them on your average card for them to see. Be advised the ATA is well behind in getting scores from shoots entered. I just had scores posted this week from a shoot that took place in mid June.

· Registered
4,780 Posts
I have never been given an average card. I print off the website. But I always have more than enough .
Steve
Steve, not always a case of having enough targets. It's a case of being a "D" shooter and having a bunch of 98s and 99s that haven't gotten into the system yet. Goes to known ability.

· Registered
1,112 Posts
Put them on your average card for them to see. Be advised the ATA is well behind in getting scores from shoots entered. I just had scores posted this week from a shoot that took place in mid June.
They're getting caught up, I had all of my scores up thru last Saturday posted as of yesterday. It may be more on the clob hosting the shoot getting their scores in.

· Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
Be advised the ATA is well behind in getting scores from shoots entered.
The ATA will not enter scores until they receive the money from the club.

99 times out of 100 the problem is . . . they haven't received the money.

The ATA has ways of handling electronic scores and electronic payments. Clubs just need to avail themselves of the tools that already exist.

If your scores "haven't been entered," call the club. That's typically where the problem resides.

· Registered
13,015 Posts
I have had some scores not turned in yet but were on my card . The classification staff accepted them but that was years ago ,if anybody enters a false score and is caught they will be suspended by the ATA. Most people know it isn't worth the risk. If you have any doubts about the scores being turned in check with the ATA office. They can tell you if the scores re in yet.

· Premium Member
5,202 Posts
The ATA will not enter scores until they receive the money from the club.

99 times out of 100 the problem is . . . they haven't received the money.

The ATA has ways of handling electronic scores and electronic payments. Clubs just need to avail themselves of the tools that already exist.

If your scores "haven't been entered," call the club. That's typically where the problem resides.
Thanks for the info V10. That explains a lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.