Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how many registered doubles targets I need in order to not be penalized at a large shoot? I'd like to shoot doubles in Tucson and am wondering how many targets I need to accrue between now and then.

Thanks in advance!

Valerie

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello Valerie,

Page 7 of the 2014 " Fun in the Sun " Tucson Feb5 thru 9
also March 12 thru 16 has listed 500 doubles in the current
and previous year .

If less than 500 doubles class B or higher , there is a
phone # 520 - 883 - 6426 that might answer your question.

Good luck on your events, good shooting to you

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
From the 2014 Spring Grand program, link to Program above from the ATA site

CLASSIFICATION AND HANDICAP
Shooters who do not have a combined total of 1,000 16 yard targets registered with the ATA in the current and previous year will be advanced at least one class or more at the discretion
of the classification committee. Shooters without an established average will be placed in class B or higher at the discretion of the classification committee.

Shooters who do not have a combined total of 1,000 doubles targets registered with the ATA in the current and previous year will be advanced at least one class or more at the discretion of the classification committee. Shooters without an established average will be placed in class B or higher at the discretion of the classification committee.

Shooters who do not have a combined total of 1,000 handicap targets registered with the ATA in the current and previous year will be assigned penalty yardage or shoot their handicap card yardage whichever is greater. Yardage assignment for Junior and Adult males is 23.0 yards. Yardage assignment for Lady, Sub Junior, Veteran and Senior Veteran Category shooters shall be 20.0 yards.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Depends on the program, most satellite Grands the # is 1000 targets. You can go online and review the shoot programs, I have seen as low as 300 and as high as 1500.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Blade,

Yes, though I do anticipate a visit with Phil Ross in the next month as I intend to put a Prosoft on it. I had to drop the pad quite a bit to get it below my clavicle, but it feels good now and I am shooting pretty well. I absolutely absolutely love the gun.

As for doubles, I just shot my first ever rounds this past weekend. Finally broke out the over/under. Herb set it up so it would shoot the same as the unsingle. Had a great time, but I've got a lot to learn. :)

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Valerie, even if you must shoot penalty targets at the Spring Grand, you'll get more doubles toward your classification farther down the road! There will be some really good scores shot there regardless of class. If you want to shoot, ask them to place you in AAA, lol! Just kiddin but a penalty classification won't make much difference to a newbie shooting doubles during the Spring Grand! Just shootum ifn ya want and do the best ya can!

HAP

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL ~ Good point, Gene. :) I did sign myself up for all the doubles events when I presquaded our group. Heck, you've got to start somewhere!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Zardoz! You are correct, the first Wednesday is the doubles shoot. Unfortunately, a weekday is not doable for me. Looking at the ATA calendar, I'll be lucky to get a couple rounds of doubles in before I head for Tucson. The good news is I will definitely have enough registered targets to establish class by the time the California State shoot rolls around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts