Trapshooters Forum banner

Refurbishing a Perazzi MX-15 barrel

1042 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Val72B
Here is my problem: A few years back I had a well used MX15 barrel converted to fit my type 3 (1975) MX 8. Now, I have moved on to high rib guns, so I want to sell this barrel. As is, it is useless to 99% of the P gun shooters.

Question: Is it possible to refurbish it back to original specs and who would be capable of doing the work?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
766 Posts
It will be a good idea to make a highly desirable MX15 barrel back to type IV.

Giacomo might cost you double from what Phillip's Gunsmithing will charge you.
A friend told me from first hand experience Phillip has a way to modify type III lug to type IV without major surgery cost.

· Registered
8,720 Posts
Type III lug on a MX15 barrel is probably 0.01% in existence. It was a very inexpensive modification at the time, but it killed 99.9% of its resell market as is.

Next time, if you ever remotely thinking about such proposition, my advice is buy a type IV FE to go with it, it'll go on your type III receiver. It's expensive, but the barrel and FE will always retain most of their value when you want to sell them. You'll risk extremely minimum lost.

· Premium Member
10,641 Posts
One fact to consider is what is your expectation on the price you will get when you sell it as a type 4. ? My guess is you are WAY HIGH. A well worn type Type 4 , assuming non ported non messed with. ?????? Start pricing. Not what people ask but what they actually sell for and then subtract the money you will put into this including shipping

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.