Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an O/U from a member of this forum who sells quite a bit of stuff here. It was advertised as being in "very nice" condition and was priced accordingly. It was exactly what I was looking for, pictures looked good, I checked the sellers background and sent him a money order for the full asking price. The gun was delivered in a timely manner and looked good in the case. But on closer inspection I found black spots on the breech face that were remnants of rust that someone had tried to scrub out, some of the Belgian factory engraving was washed out because the gun had been buffed and reblued, and the bottom barrel was full of corrosion pits (some fingernail size) all the way from the forcing cone to the muzzle - you could stick your finger in the barrel and feel them. I contacted the seller right away and he stated "I didn't see that, send it back and I will refund your money". So, I boxed it up, paid insurance and shipping back to him. I got his refund a few days ago. A personal check, on a joint account, and it was $50 short. He included a scribbled note showing he was charging me the $50 for expenses on his end. I know I'm fortunate to get anything back on a deal like this but it chaps my ass a bit that this gun was nowhere near what he described it to be and as such I feel he should have made good on the refund. I was ok with paying my xfer fees here, and paying to ship and insure it back to him but now I'm out another $50 for his expenses. I've attempted to contact him three times without response. What's the consensus? Is this guy entitled to his fees when he ships out a gun that was not what he advertised or should I have been refunded my full purchase price? I haven't thrown his name out here yet as I wanted to give him an opportunity to make good on his "I will refund your money".

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I would have refunded all of your money simply because I want all parties happy with any deal I make, but if you did not have a detailed inspection and return agreement beforehand you are pretty much stuck with what the seller is willing to do for you.

BTW, aren't you the same guy who recently posted on another thread?:

"Jesus, what a bunch of whiny, petty, a$$holes"

·
0 Posts
These threads get old.

There is some risk involved when you buy a gun over the internet based on pictures.

I wouldn't have kept your fifty bucks; but this guy did. Pull up your briches and learn to negotiate the terms of return in the event you are not satisfied before you buy it, not after.

Please, stop selling items to Yak. For the good of this site!

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
548 - it wasn't a matter of me just being satisfied - the gun was misrepresented. If these threads get old, don't read them - just walk around the pile of dog crap (unlike your brother below) and go on about your business. There seems to be a hard core group of gutless little A$$holes on this site who sit behind their computer and do nothing but attack people.

And mister A Price, I guess I know what the A stands for.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Is this just a vent on your part or are you actually asking if it was fair to withhold 50 bucks?

I would bet the overwhelming majority of people on this site or most classy shooters would refund the whole thing.

I would also venture to say you know that.

Buyer beware nonetheless.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, not venting - I've sold and bought other guns here and if I had advertised something as very nice and somehow missed the fact that is was corroded, had damaged engraving and had been reblued I'd apologize and not only refund every nickle the buyer spent but I'd cover return costs as well. Of course I've already been attacked by two of our stalwart members for even bringing it up so I will agree it's buyer beware even when it's someone like BASQUE who has bought and sold many items here. Shouldn't be that way but it will certainly keep me dealing locally or through legitimate dealers whenever possible.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm sure those local folks and legitimate dealers will be real happy with one more whiney, name-calling customer. Don't be surprised if everyone heads for the back room when you walk in.

Again, I think you should have received a full refund. However, your failure to hammer out the fine details of a possible return before the purchase has resulted in disappointment and expense. As Dave Ramsey calls it, "stupid tax."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts