Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering for guys who have had guns both Ceracoated and multicolor Parkerized or other finishes like titanium nitrided or black chromed etc What would be YOUR recommendation and why as well as Who would you have DO IT and Why?? I'm re-doing a very well used Ljutic MonoGun with a lot of history that I acquired after a quality mechanic retightening and tuneup. It's an awesome shooting gun unmolested but has had a nice old Anton stock installed sometime back and it deserves another half million birds broken under its belt before it even considers retiring. Let me know

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
While I have and get plating done when requested.

My teacher/hero/mentor a lot more to me then just p!ain DAD!

Did put a purest streak in my training, so I would say just get it very nicely replied, and let it re age gracefully over that next half million birds

Reactions: CalvinMD

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I love this phone!

I have the word I want have even changed it back to the word I want

I hit post this dang thing changes it again in sending the post out¡

The replied! Should have been "REBLUED"

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Go for ROBAR, it will last forever & you will; never have to lube the gun==everything else is stone age

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im a great carer of the guns I own and if reblued it surely would be its last reblue while I own it as I never handle them under the receiver when carrying etc..I was thinking along the lines that it would make the gun uniquely mine with maybe a different color scheme that would maybe have it look like a porcelain/ceramic stainless like my Camaros headers and its Anton stock refinished to gleam like when it was new...I take great pride in my guns as anyone who has bought from me knows that they can look like new at 20 and 40 years old

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do love Robar..I had a beat up parts build 45Auto done in it...with a Barsto barrel and Nat Match slide it was a plate killer that exited a holster rig like grease out of a goose

·
Banned
1,775 Posts
Restore the metal properly by having a quality 'smith hand polish the roll marks and rust blue finish to the original luster. If needed, also have the wood re-oiled to original finish. This is the way to refinish any quality shotgun. The coating/plating of the week creates a finish that detracts at best, and is ugly and gaudy at worst. Good luck.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Im a great carer of the guns I own and if reblued it surely would be its last reblue while I own it as I never handle them under the receiver when carrying etc..I was thinking along the lines that it would make the gun uniquely mine with maybe a different color scheme that would maybe have it look like a porcelain/ceramic stainless like my Camaros headers and its Anton stock refinished to gleam like when it was new...I take great pride in my guns as anyone who has bought from me knows that they can look like new at 20 and 40 years old
Restore it to original condition. Send it back to Ljutic and have them do it.
+1

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I will go with the majority here and restore with bluing and maybe let somebody like Gun Dr do the whole deal..Its an awesome gun and my first Ljutic and just cant believe what a great tool of trapshooting this gun is

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anybody know if I was to contact Ljutic with my serial number to gather any info available?? I'd love to know more of its beginning to go along with its original owner that was a top tier shooter who is now very old and in ill health...I want HIM to know I plan to do it and HE the respect and justice it deserves

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I think I will go with the majority here and restore with bluing and maybe let somebody like Gun Dr do the whole deal..Its an awesome gun and my first Ljutic and just cant believe what a great tool of trapshooting this gun is
Did you know that Ljutic will rebuild and refinish your gun for $999.00? Call them!

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The finish on the wood is well worn lacquer that's yellowed and worn through and flaking in areas

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I stay away from re-finishing wood, not because I cannot, more because after my dad taught me how. He said, "Now be smart and let someone else do this!"

Now that my wife is getting back to normal after her mom passed.

I will say....

Do you want it to look like it just came from Ljutic? Or do you want shinier?

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Ljutic's bluing leaves a lot to be desired. I had my Mono rebuilt and blued about 5 years ago, and the bluing is already wore off the receiver and trigger. Maybe it's just the really good metal Ljutic's are made from, but the bluing doesn't seem to last very long from the factory. I would try a different source.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I too had my old mono #637 reblued by lujtic and it lasted about two years. So I had the receiver nitrated, probably over 15 years ago and it still looks as good as the day I had it done! My two cents

1 - 20 of 28 Posts