Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
It states that if they have to hold the grand in another state they won't be coming back to Illinois.
That is right out of the newspaper article from the Southern Illinoisan newspaper.
Do you think anyone in the ATA has the balls to really do this.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
It states that if they have to hold the grand in another state they won't be coming back to Illinois.
That is right out of the newspaper article from the Southern Illinoisan newspaper.
Do you think anyone in the ATA has the balls to really do this.
Read it again. Some politician made that comment. She did not get that from the ATA. It was an off the cuff statement. Don’t assume stuff.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Yeah. Some politician got to thinking that if the state of Illinois screwed an organization, the organization would go somewhere else, and then maybe stay there. It was pure speculation by the politician, probably based upon what he would try to do if he ran the organization. There is no connection to the ATA in that article.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Yeah. Some politician got to thinking that if the state of Illinois screwed an organization, the organization would go somewhere else, and then maybe stay there. It was pure speculation by the politician, probably based upon what he would try to do if he ran the organization. There is no connection to the ATA in that article.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
She

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Grntitan you are right ,it was just another Illinois politician making that statement.I wonder if Lauren Mueller has any info to what is going on as she is the executive director of the world shooting complex in Sparta.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Grntitan you are right ,it was just another Illinois politician making that statement.I wonder if Lauren Mueller has any info to what is going on as she is the executive director of the world shooting complex in Sparta.
I doubt she has any more info than the ATA does. We need to not speculate. Nothing is gained from that. Aside from sending emails to the governor’s office, there is little we can do but wait.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
You must know something about him that was not published.

"If Illinois does not give them permission … the ATA is still going to move forward with the event in a different state,” he said in his opening remarks Thursday. Schimpf, and others, said this likely would not be limited to just this year — if the ATA moved to another state for 2020, Schimpf said, they would likely not come back."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts