Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a Wilkinson tuned 32" K80 barrel, newest style factory Choke Tube barrel with a flat, 10mm x 6mm tapered rib. It comes with 10 Extreme Ti chokes, also tuned by Wilkinson to this barrel. In addition to tuning the bores for optimal performance, Tom also reshapes the chokes for minimal transition between bore and throat, and cuts very smooth interiors to marked bore diameter, then engraves the bore diameter on the tube for easy reference. (I used ExTi chokes with the same markings, so the ExTi marks match TW's engravings except for the .036 which started life as an ExTi 40.) Bore is .737, chokes are: [email protected] .005, [email protected] .010, [email protected] .015, [email protected] .020, [email protected] .025, [email protected] .030 and [email protected] .036. This work removes 1-½ to 2 ounces of weight, so these barrels are a little lighter than standard CT barrels. Barrel is in excellent shape, blueing is 99%+, bores are mirror, ears and lug are factory new sharp and barrel locks up tight with lever well right on both of my newer receivers. Barrel has a #6 Ti hanger and both bores shoot to exact same POI at 30 yards. This barrel patterns superbly with all chokes, very round and evenly distributed patterns with all good ammo I've tested it with -- Rem GN, Win AAHS, Clever T4 and Bornaghi Star -- it even patterns superbly with Herters Dove and Field loads.

The only reason I'm selling it is I've had Tom do 2 of them for me, and this is on my back up gun -- which frankly I've never needed and not sure I ever will, so it's a lot of cash sitting around unused that I could use toward another project. It cost me over $6K to build this barrel: $3500 for a like new 10x6 CT base barrel, $1000 for the 10 ExTi chokes, and then $1700 for Tom to do the barrel and choke tuning work -- oh, and then another $180 for the Ti hanger ;)

Asking $4800 shipped.

PM, Email Me or call: 650-six-one-nine-9936

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM replied, barrel still available.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
A bit surprised you bought ten chokes for a back up barrel when you said in another thread that you never change chokes...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A bit surprised you bought ten chokes for a back up barrel when you said in another thread that you never change chokes...
To clarify, in the choke/selector thread you're referring to I said I *rarely* change chokes -- and also said I *primarily* shoot sporting clays and shoot M's 90% of the time, but will change to Sk's for real close targets or IM/F for really long targets. I also mentioned I shoot at elevation and will open up for that, and that IC/LM is a great option. I also happen to shoot ZZ's, and the base chokes for that game are IM, LF and F.

And finally, since it's a bit of a hassle to get extra chokes made after the fact -- especially so if something un-toward should happen to Mr. Wilkinson -- I decided to order it with a complete set to accommodate out of the gate... Hence the set above.

Happy New Year everybody, and good shooting in 2017!

Jack F

1 - 6 of 6 Posts