Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend quit shooting some years ago and recently gave me some of his supplies. One is a bag of red wads which I don't recognize and he can't remember what they are, so...anyone out there know what they are and where I can find data on them? I don't want to reload with them unless I know for sure.
Red Wad 1.jpg
Red Wad 1.jpg

Thanks,

Brownk80

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree, it's a Herter's Chalice wad. They were manufactured in the 70's and came in more than one color. I had them in a light sky blue, and black. I loaded them with Red Dot and they worked very good.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Herter's Chalice wad. As per the old Herters catalog "Greatest wad ever made, guaranteed to make you the envy of your Trapshooting friends, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!"
Their long winded discriptions of their items and how great they were compared to anything else you could buy at any price was always funny reading.
Main reason why their catalog was so dang big.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Think I will stay with with what I have been using and not change at this point in my life.

Mike

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I'm still loading the Herter's wad. They are as good as any wad. I use them in tapered cases.

BTW I'm shooting them through a Herter's Trap shotgun. It sure get some funny looks at the clubs.

How many wads do you have?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ajax,

I had about 2500 but gave them to a friend who does a lot of loading for hunting. I am going to stay with the loads I have been using. Don't see any reason to change for some free wads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts