Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. Last of my components are needing a single pound of Red Dot powder to complete. Can't seem to find it here in Minneapolis. Is there a shortage? If so, short lived? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers, Dusty

·
Registered
155 Posts
Recobs had several 1 pounders on the shelf when I was there this past Friday.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Finally found one. It must have gold in the lettering!!! Serves me for my last of the year components ... too expensive for bulk loading however.

Cheers, Dusty

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Red Dot is a very popular light pistol powder as well as a main stay in shotgun reloading. It was extremely hard to find during the powder shortage and is just now becoming available again for the most part. PROMO offers a good alternative and can be loaded the same load for load. The ONLY draw back is Promo is not as consistent in weight lot to lot and each new jug should have a shot charge weighed before loading (although I have never seen a variation of 3 tenths of a grain)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Herco, Extra-Lite, Green Dot, Red Dot, Clay Dot, Unique are all the Alliant shotgun powders available in 8 lb jugs from Wideners. Universal Clays, 700-X, 800-X, Titewad, Longshot, and International Clays are the Hodgdon varieties available. Super Field, Super Target and Super Handicap are the Winchester options available. If you can't find a place close to you, there are options on the interwebs. They're expensive, and even more so with the HazMat fee, but available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts