Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter is coming and I did not want to reload in a cold garage. So I got hold of an old AV cart like we used to have in school. Added some strength with the use of plywood. Now I have a mobile loader, so I can put it where I need it. The press sits 42 inches off the ground.
Just a FYI.

·
Registered
703 Posts
When the wheels are locked does that provide sufficient stability? I had thought of something similar because I have a small reloading area in the corner of my garage. But I worried the press would move around too much while working the handle, making for inconsistent drops.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I use a Workmate folding workbench. Have used one when I needed a portable bench since I lived in the barracks and used to slide it under my rack during the week and load on the weekends. Put shot on the bottom and it is pretty solid on the downstroke.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Radeck, I actually just clamp it to my other bench to solve that situation, but it is pretty stable even without the clamp. The clamp just makes it totally solid. The main thing is the ability to get the press out of a cold garage. You might notice from the background in the picture that I have quite a bit of reloading equipment already set up. So another press on the bench would just be too much. I'm running out of room.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts