Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and gals ... had the gas bubble surgery 2 weeks and 3 days ago. Saw the doctor thurs, he said the hole is plugged !! Just have to wait for the bubble to dissipate. Asked him about shooting... he really didn't respond ... so my question here ... how soon after surgery did others that went through this procedure start shooting? The bubble was gone this morning ....... I'm foaming at the mouth to shoot... my 725 double release triggger should be back tues or wednesday from Phillips ...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My doctor said a week to ten days. Had it done on both eyes. As soon as the bubbles disappeared I was ready to go.

P.S. Almost forgot. My doctor is a fellow shooter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My eye surgeon was uncertain about shooting. He recommended 30 days after the macular hole repair procedure. It turned out to be 31 days as no local club was open on day 30.
JB

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Every person is different and the surgery slightly different. I would certainly err on the side of going to a longer recovery time rather than too short. For me I was back to shooting in less than two weeks.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just a little update ... things are going great... eyesight is definitely improving. I'm feeling really good about it, just not sure if those blind spots will clear up.. but things are pretty clear otherwise. I don't see myself shooting rt handed anytime soon, but am feeling pretty comfortable shooting lefty. No 25's yet, but a few 24's. 23's and a bunch of 20-22's .. seem to be getting more consistent in the 20's now. So I hope it's just a matter of time before I'm back on my game.. as a new lefty shooter. Thanks again for any support I've received..

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Glad shooting lefty is working for you. I could never do it. If I bought a tool from snap on that worked like my left hand I'd take it back!! Hang tough and good luck.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys ...... 24,23 tonite ,,, can't wait to get my new BT99Max in... who does a great release trigger on the 99's... I'm shooting my 725 unsingle with new release triggers and absolutely loving it ...

·
Registered
573 Posts
thanks guys ...... 24,23 tonite ,,, can't wait to get my new BT99Max in... who does a great release trigger on the 99's... I'm shooting my 725 unsingle with new release triggers and absolutely loving it ...
Jack, FYI the new BT-99 Max high grade comes with a RH palm swell only. I found that out after talking to Browning.

·
Registered
524 Posts
30 days for mine. Most docs don’t have any concept of shotgun shooting and recoil to the cheek and eye socket, your eyesight is not worth a clay target. Too hot to shoot now anyway.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Jack, FYI the new BT-99 Max high grade comes with a RH palm swell only. I found that out after talking to Browning.
Yaaa.. no problem I have extra PFS stock sitting on the shelf ... :3schild25: But the 99 stock is neutral with the rt side swell... I stuck a palm swell on the lt side of stock and it was fine on my 725.. either way, it's no big deal for me !!! Hey, if I can shoot lefty after being a righty shooter all these years .... I can make it work!! The only area I have to work on is the trigger.. gots to have a release..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts