Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Chiropractor yesterday, the ribs are now back in place.

More pain after than before. Anyone every have this problem & how long did it take you to recover. The Dixie grad is in 3 weeks--hope I'm well enough to shoot.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Many years ago, I was head-butted by a pet bull. Broke a rib. I could not take a deep breath for 6 weeks. Hope you heal up enough to shoot, don't get out of breath, and DO NOT COUGH!!!

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
A popped rib is different than a broken rib. My wife gets them all the time. Usually just a couple days and the pain will be gone. They hurt a bunch

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
when you get one you will know LOL. They hurt like hell. A popped rib is when one rib pops out of alignment from the rest. My wife does a lot of exercising and some kick boxing and she gets them several times a year. It takes a Chiro to fix it

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
You will know it is fixed when you can breathe without pain. You don't say how long it was out of position, but your muscles have adapted to hold it still, in order to lessen the pain. Now that it is back in place, the muscles have to adjust to the new position. Having been tense for so long, it will take some time to relax them. Find some over the counter muscle relaxants, and take them as required for a few days.

The bad news is - once it has happened, it will happen more easily the next time. Keep the chiropractors number handy, and don't be afraid to use the muscle relaxants until you can get in for a treatment.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,965 Posts
I thought this was going to be a thread about a Beretta Teknys. Anyway, get well soon!

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx guys--today is mucho better-- digging out the -semi-cold weather gear--I'm going to risk a shoot tomorrow-- if I don't shoot tomorrow @ my age I might miss the next shoot !!

Phil Berkowitz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts