Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Overturning Donald Trump’s Ascension to Presidency.

Recount Collapses: Jill Stein's Failure in Pennsylvania Means No Overturning Donald Trump's Ascension to Presidency - Breitbart

"Lawyers for the Green Party withdrew a lawsuit, saying they don’t have the $1 million bond required to continue the challenge filed to initiate the recount, the Associated Press reported on December 3."

What happened to the $7 million the Green party raised for the recount effort? Did it get sucked into the Clinton Foundation already?

Reactions: Roger C

·
Premium Member
18,226 Posts
Another punch in their TS card.

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
Anyone who donated money to that idiotic effort not only should lose their donation but should have all their money confiscated because it proves they are not to be trusted with any money.

·
Vendor
19,092 Posts
That's all silly. Today they are headed to a federal court to get a left leaning judge to order the recount. PA won't comply tho, and then Stein has her opening to get to an appeals court and then onto our SCOTUS. And in case you have been taking a post election nap, the final court is split 4 x 4. This scenario is precisely what the lefties have wanted all along. And that is to have either the Dist of Columbia Appeals court or the San Francisco appeals court to decide that the electoral college process we use is unfair to the majority. And, bingo, Obama stays in business or Clinton gets the job. PA played right into their hands. Trump as President? POOF, he gone.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Jack, can't possibly work that way. There's this little thing called THE CONSTITUTION and in Article II Section 1 it states:

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows
Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

The Twelfth Amendment

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate; The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;--The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice.... The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President to the United States.
---
No court including the Supreme can decide that the electoral college is unfair to the majority. Both the Constitution and/or the Bill of Rights themselves would need to be changed and this can't be done by SCOTUS. Without a MAJOR act of Congress this isn't happening and the electoral college is here to stay.

The reason they are going to try the Federal courts is because they don't meet the criteria under PA law to ask for the recount. The results weren't within 0.5% and they have no evidence of hacking or mass voting fraud in Pennsylvania's. Their only hope is by some obscure method similar to the 2000 election.

Even this is very doubtful coming from the Stein campaign because they won't be able to show she suffered irreparable harm by not getting a recount. The Stein campaign is trying a hail marry pass because they know there is ZERO chance of getting a recount directly in PA without federal assistance.

·
Vendor
19,092 Posts
cayars. What action or evidence have you seen or witnessed over the past decade that suggests that the democrats (and the Greens) care a wit about the constitution? In fact, their oft used reasoning and mantra is the "the constitution is a LIVING document".

They are deciding right now what judge to bring their voter quest to... This action is just further evidence. And it is suggested that Soros is the main financier for this effort. Have you ever seen anything he does except call for his brand of communism for America?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Absolute disgrace what Jill Stein is doing or able to do. You really think she's in it alone? You can bet the house that she's getting plenty of help and guidance from people still working and hoping to see the female thief take the oath come January. So sad, to see where this Country has sunk to in the last administration.

·
Vendor
19,092 Posts
Cayars. Simply this is the left's attempt to win the election via the federal courts ultimately saying that ONLY the popular vote can be trusted and used to call the election. And then get it to the SCOTUS tied at 4X4. The LEFT's lawyers are interviewing judges as we speak to find one that supports this position. Adn once that happens (prob within about a week) then it is referred to either DC or San Fran Appeals court and BOOM, Hillary is our next president. BOOM.
And further, once this all blows up, Obama will not leave office until resolved in the Left's favor (Clinton) or he stays in office until we have a "Special Election" that is popular vote only. Electoral college, history, constitution, bill of rights BE DAMNED. If you cannot see this scenario, I can assure you that the Left can.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Cayars. Simply this is the left's attempt to win the election via the federal courts ultimately saying that ONLY the popular vote can be trusted and used to call the election. And then get it to the SCOTUS tied at 4X4. The LEFT's lawyers are interviewing judges as we speak to find one that supports this position. Adn once that happens (prob within about a week) then it is referred to either DC or San Fran Appeals court and BOOM, Hillary is our next president. BOOM.
And further, once this all blows up, Obama will not leave office until resolved in the Left's favor (Clinton) or he stays in office until we have a "Special Election" that is popular vote only. Electoral college, history, constitution, bill of rights BE DAMNED. If you cannot see this scenario, I can assure you that the Left can.
I just don't see it. The Supremes just wouldn't/couldn't do it IMHO. It's not an interpretation of the law that is needed. The procedures as written are clear with hundreds of years of precedent. No way, shape of form could this happen.

Of course my opinion means nothing, but I just can't conceive this could possibly happen even in my worst nightmare.

If it happens I'll move to Canada. LOL

·
Vendor
19,092 Posts
Cayars. Buy your ticket right now. I sincerely hope you are right. Unfortunately the Lefty lawyers have friends in the federal courts. I'll bet that at a minimum, the inauguration is delayed. I am big on civility as you know, and disliked Trump for his crassness, but he is by far the best bet to lead us out of the liberal morass...

·
Vendor
19,092 Posts
Cayars, The "Supremes" are 4X4. Name me a lefty Supreme that will vote to confirm Trump. Name me just one.

Pray that Souter sees the light.

·
Premium Member
10,609 Posts
Cayars, The "Supremes" are 4X4. Name me a lefty Supreme that will vote to confirm Trump. Name me just one.

Pray that Souter sees the light.
Souter? There's no Souter on the Supreme Court anymore.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts