Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
A half-vest, with a good solid belt . Mines an Allen, with a Midway Competition (3 gun) outer belt. I wear the inner belt as my everyday belt. Velcro = unlimited adjustment, and the inner belt helps secure the outer belt.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hi Fred, welcome to the forum.

I'm not a "vest" shooter. I like my stuff down by my waist and not hanging from my shoulders, but that's just me.

If I was looking into shooting with a vest, I'd buy an inexpensive vest and shoot it for awhile. From there, you'll have a better idea of what you might want.

My two cents,

Pat

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I like the Browning vest that has the pocket for their Reactar gel pad that I use for Doubles. I am not sure if they still make the white and gray model. It worked well even during the hot days at the Grand at Sparta. I have a Precision Fit Stock for Singles and Handicap. I shoot those with out a vest.

Jason

·
Registered
834 Posts
Anyone remember years ago a vest from Australia ? Something about kangaroo leather shoulder patch and same trim on the wide shell pockets.

I think they were custom made to your measurements.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I’m pretty much a Browning guy. They have a lot of options/styles. I use their vests and half vest. The half vest is great during July and August heat. Having a rear pouch built in is important thing to me because during a 100 round sporting walk through course I have a place to stash my empties. Personally I prefer a vest over the half vest.

·
5,684 Posts
When I pheasant hunt I wear a vest... something fairly tailored and allowing to layer for a good gun mount.

That carried over to clays. For Clay's I preferred a leather pad for the hundreds of repeated mounts.

My Boyt Vest has long been discontinued. A hull pocket in back for empties is required if you self-load ammo.

Eventually, I went back to shell a pouch. I ended up preferring the freedom of movement without the bulk...

Like anything else... you'll get what you pay for...

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,515 Posts
I tried wild hare. Love the vest. Great company. Not a vest shooter anymore. I started that way and moved to just shirts and can’t seem to go back.

You may also give barepelt a look. Lots of clays shooters use them and Kayle Browning, Olympic silver in trap, wears it. They have a special going right now. It’s a lightweight athletic material.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts