Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going with Dave Berlet to put an add-on rib on my 11-87. It's not adjustable but just curious as to what peoples thoughts are on POI? My gun now shoots about 60/40 and obviously raising it. Is 80/20 a good all-around? 90/10? I'm shooting singles/doubles with this gun too so looking to have osmething that is adequate for all 3 disciplines.
Handicap: 25 yards.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Beau

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Wow, i think only you can answer that question. Have you shot a gun that shoots higher say 80/20 70/30 to see if you even like a gun shooting that high? That might be the first good idea before you make a rash judgement call based on what someone else thinks. Whats the matter with the way it shoots now?---Matt

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Where the gun shoots on paper is not necessarily where you would shoot the gun on the line. Different people will shoot the same gun differently. Very few people could tell the difference between gun gun that is set to shoot 80/20 and 90/10.

The key is to have the gun shoot where you are looking.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
The equipment available today, adjustable ribs, adjustable combs, adj. L.O.P.,gun position and then keeping a consistant gun mount.
But only the shooter knows !!!
Do your homework. Good Luck !!

Joe Woods/Ontario

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I'd use your adjustable comb to change POI to see what you are comfortable with before I got an add-on rib installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.