Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have a mid bead installed on my Benelli. Can anyone recommend a gunsmith for the installation. This is a simple job, but I don’t have the capabilities currently.

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
Phillip's Gunsmithing in Emory, TX if you don't mind shipping for a small job. The round trip shipping & insurance might cost more than the work.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Add Dean Harris at Skeets Gun Shop, Tahlequah, OK to the list
918- 456-4749

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
You could save yourself a lot of money. Just go to a craft or hobby store find a pushpin or bead the size and color you want and glue or epoxy it on the rib. No one would know but you and would cost you less than $20. It’s what we did in the 70s.

·
Vendor
7,724 Posts
for central Illinois - mgw midwest gunworks is south of st louis mo
but yes phillips is a good choice

Reactions: Charlie Becknell

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Pretty easy job for any half decent machinist. The hardest part may be sourcing the bead. After that, it's find the spot you want to install it, drill, tap, Loctite and screw it in. 20 minutes.

The longest step will be getting it in the exact centre (laterally) of the rib. Most gunsmiths will have a little jig for this stage. If that's in their tool kit, 20 minutes should see the coffee being served.

When Lisa had the two barrels for her gun, our 'smith did them both inside a half hour.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts