Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there many of you doubles shooters shooting doubles with a gun that has a recoil reduction system?
thanx
mike

·
Premium Member
4,238 Posts
A few years ago there were 3 sub juniors in the doubles shoot off at the grand.
Two had stock locks and the winner had a pro soft.
I watched those boys shoot and decided to get a pro soft. I couldn't get past A class and found out my barrels were poorly regulated.
After I got my poi straightened out things are going great.
Shot a 97 average at the grand and broke my first 100.
HW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had the same question a year ago and don't regret getting the sps super coil. At first I thought I made a huge mistake but after some adjustments and a couple hundred doubles I don't even notice it anymore. Well I notice it alot after a long weekend of shooting and I'm not nearly as fatigued. Getting the thing adjusted correctly was the key. it's set alot stiffer than I originally thought it needed to be. Would get another installed in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I use a RAD #2 of my double gun. Actually on a couple of them. Wife uses a Precision Fit stock on hers. Really makes shooting long days and lots of targets easy on the shoulder.

Chris

·
Registered
338 Posts
I use a PFS, for both the recoil reduction as well as the ability to shorten it down to my LOP, without cutting the original stock. I have to tighten up the recoil spring a bit more for doubles, to keep it from "bouncing".

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was using a precision fit but I couldn't adjust to the recovery time (it seemed to be moving as I tried to get to the second bird). I got a stock loc and shoot it very well.
I had to have the PFS set very soft due to my bad rotator cuff. The recovery time on the stock loc is so fast that I don't even notice it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Put a RAD system on my ASE Gold at the 17 Grand and after 200 more doubles was really kicking myself for not doing it 20 yrs ago. What a Difference. Have shot over 10,000 rounds since and is one of the best decisions I have made in 40 yrs shooting.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts