Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Perazzi MX10RS 32/34 Combo w/Allor tuned barrels, K80 Parcours 32"
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across this recoil reducer when researching recoil pads. I was skeptical but decided for $150 and 100% refund guarantee, what did I have to lose. I was ready to pop for $600 on an Isis for a new to me Kolar low profile so I gave this a try. Hydraulic Recoil Pad | Recoil Reducer | Shotguns, Muzzleloaders & Rifles
Well, after 250 rounds with it using various rounds IMHO it's a winner. It reduces the felt recoil to the same extent as an Isis I have on a different gun, again my opinion.
I have no affiliation with this company, just thought I would pass this along for others unaware of this product.
I apologize if it has been discussed here before, I don't recall ever seeing it.
P.S. The egg video is kind of hokey to me.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Harv,
I am interested in the device.
Could it be used with a pad adjuster??
Can it be ground to fit or do you just buy the closest fit and make do?

Anyone else with first hand experience please comment.
Any picture with the pad installed?

Its All Good

West

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
If the screw holes on the adjuster line up with the Cam Plate , it should work with it.

The pad cannot be ground. They have 17 sizes listed, and are working on more. They claim to be able to fit 90 % modern guns. There is a FAQ on the website that covers these questions, and more.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I shoot a Zoli and with the rolled comb (not a symmetrical oval), I think I’m kinda screwed, but for my A300 sporting it might be nice. I wanted a little more weight and I need more LOP. I was thinking about adding an SPS LOP adjuster to it though so I could have it as an adaptable loaner gun for friends and family. So maybe I’ll just stick with that :). It looks nice for the price point.

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Harv,
I am interested in the device.

Anyone else with first hand experience please comment.
Any picture with the pad installed?

Its All Good

West
As entropy said, you can't grind the pad. You can however grind the aluminum base plate for a more precise fit.
It can be used with any pad adjuster, the base plate has slots that should match your existing pad holes.
I'm just surprised at how well it reduces recoil.

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm told they are coming out with a self adjusting unit that will fit all guns in the next few weeks.
I don't know how that is possible, but it will be cool if they pull it off.
Stay tuned.

·
Registered
14,800 Posts
Any patent numbers on the box? Would like to investigate what's inside the pad, since i can't find any pictures online. Looks to me like it's just a fancy and expensive version of a Gooey pad.

Edit: It looks like this is basically an oil bladder that you screw on to your stock. Likely effective, but I would worry about what happens when it fails (deflates) and the oil leaks out into your gun case or on to your shoulder (time will tell how durable they are, but considering it's a brand new product, I would keep a spare pad on me at all times as a backup just in case). I put a message into them to see what their patent numbers are and if they have a cutaway to show the interior.

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've had many Gooey's Ian, it doesn't feel at all like a Gooey.
I'll check the box for a patent.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Ran across this recoil reducer when researching recoil pads. I was skeptical but decided for $150 and 100% refund guarantee, what did I have to lose. I was ready to pop for $600 on an Isis for a new to me Kolar low profile so I gave this a try. Hydraulic Recoil Pad | Recoil Reducer | Shotguns, Muzzleloaders & Rifles
Well, after 250 rounds with it using various rounds IMHO it's a winner. It reduces the felt recoil to the same extent as an Isis I have on a different gun, again my opinion.
I have no affiliation with this company, just thought I would pass this along for others unaware of this product.
I apologize if it has been discussed here before, I don't recall ever seeing it.
P.S. The egg video is kind of hokey to me.
What model # did you get for your Kolar? Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Man they are tight lipped on a cutaway picture of this thing, maybe its literally filled with snake oil? Jk, if the op claims it works I'm not going to go against his word, but I probably wouldn't bite unless it was in the $70 range. They do have a wide array of options, even had one fit for a Winchester supreme.
Those who are curious should pool their money up and buy one for some destructive sampling...in the name of trap shooting science of course

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
$149. (13) sizes. 30 day money back guarantee. Why not try one.

If you had one on a Soft Touch, should really tame the recoil if it works as stated. On most guns may have to cut the stock if they are 1 3/16" deep/thick. Most pads aren't that thick.

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What model # did you get for your Kolar? Thanks.
Here is what I ordered. Patent info in picture also.
Spanishhammer I said IMHO, YMMV. I have no stake in the company, just trying to pass along something I happened across to the rest of the group.
Like Setterman said, money back guarantee & $149. Usually $100+ for a regular pad including fitting.

Text Material property Font Label

·
Registered
110 Posts
After reading the patent and looking at the attached drawings, there appears to be a series of plates suspended in a fluid (mineral oil is mentioned) contained by a rubber envelope. As the gunstock recoils the fluid is displaced from between the plates and presumably expands the envelope (the pad) to the sides. When the recoil force ends, the rubber pushes the fluid back between the plates and the pad recovers its original shape. Interesting. Unless the rubber cavity is breached, or the rubber cavity fails in some way, it should last quite a while.

·
Registered
14,800 Posts
US9964170B2 - Force limiting device - Google Patents

Based on the patent information, it almost looks like it IS an oil bladder, but with something akin to a micro-Soft Touch type system inside. It isn't just a balloon filled with oil which what I originally thought.

Provided it has the longevity, it could actually be an interesting product at a palatable price point. Only concern will be the 3/16" of extra length over a normal recoil pad, and the inability to grind-to-fit, meaning it won't really be viable to cut 3/16" off your stock to maintain LOP and still have a aesthetically pleasing fit.

It is an interesting advancement, and definitely looks like it is more than meets the eye. Falconforce would do well to put either a cutaway or illustration of what's inside on their website and probably their packaging as well, as few people will take the time to search through patent documents like I did.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts