Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed one in my son's 687 SPII combo just to balance out the weight I added to the barrels. I placed a C&H eight-ounce reducer in the bottom of and against the front of that large opening and ran a wood screw into the bottom of the stock at about a 45-degree angle so that the head of the screw holds the reducer in place. Just be careful not to use too long a screw!

Ed

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I encountered the same problem with a Winchester Select Energy Trap Monte Carlo. Filled the space and also held the "Edwards" in place with properly cut lengths of 7/8" hardwood dowel stock and a plastic card slid in alongside to hold it tight.

OTOH, I've also recently got one of the Etchen unsingle 687 combos, at first it whacked me in the cheek a little and the toe dug into my chest muscle. I increased the pitch while cutting the stock for installation of a Jones adjuster and kick-eez pad. Made it such a pussy-cat to shoot I don't think I'll even bother having it ported. Suggest you try these things before you bother with the recoil reducer?

John C. Saubak

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hey Gingerdutch, What was the number of the combo you got from Etchens. I have been checking them out on there web site. There is some fine looking guns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.