Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without wanting to start another food fight (ex. - barrel porting, #71/2 s vs. #8 s, etc) I would like some opinions/experiences regarding the different types of recoil pads My current gun has a rocker pad with a pitch spacer on an adjustable butt plate. I am comfortable with it but it needs replacing and I'm wondering if there is any advantage in going to a traditional concave trap pad. My current rocker pad seems to make contact with my shoulder and pocket over the entire height of the pad. Is the type of pad simply another personal preference thing or are there definite advantages to one type over another ?
Thanks

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Rockers are designed for heavy barrel chested types. How are you built. If slender, concave will be more comfortable. You could also try the concave Trapdude. Very good recoil reducing pad. Dual action flat Kick-Eez pads are very good also.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Everyone's shoulders are different, some have "pocket", some simply don't.
Some need it toe out to a ridiculous angle, some just use it squared.

You have to try one to know if it fits you.

Another thing to keep in mind, don't mess up a good thing if it's working for you.

Reactions: mortum

·
Registered
102 Posts
I changed my stock Browning pads for kickeez pads. The Kickeez are not as concave as the stock Browning pads. I'm somewhat slender but also somewhat large chested and the lower portion of the Browning pad tended to dig into my chest a bit. I find the Kickeez much more comfortable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts