Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need recommendation for someone to install new pad and spacer on Krieghoff stock.
Tampa area preferred.
Ron Fischer at the Dollar says he is too busy.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Ron Fischer at the Dollar says he is too busy.
Thanks for sharing. His reply is a sure-fire way to loose customers. I will make sure I never use Mr. Fischer.

Mike Sherman, PMS Firearms, will be wintering at Bradford Sportsman's Farm in north central Florida from November thru February with his mobile shop. I'm not sure of the exact dates. Mike is a great guy and does really nice work installing recoil pads. He has installed several for me. You can go to his website, get his phone number and give him a call for any info. I can highly recommend him for this type of work, but I suggest making an appointment as he is usually very busy.

Also, Bradford Sportsman's Farm is one of the best sporting clays venues is the NATION, not just the state of Florida. Make a day of it...get your pad installed and shoot as well. If you have any questions regarding Bradford S.C., just call (352-485-2302) and ask for Pat Welch who is one of the owners. Pat is world class target setter and an all-around good guy. Don't just take my work for it...ask around and you'll hear the same things about him from any serious clays shooter. I'm sure he would be glad to answer any of your questions.

If you need someone to shoot with, feel free to send me a PM and I'll be glad to join you if I can.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
2,755 Posts
Claypoppy-You are wrong about Ron Fisher. He is a very good gunsmith and a very, very nice man. He's gone out of his way to help me and others I shoot with many times.

I doubt he told Fountain he was too busy is such an abrupt manner as Fountain's post (unless, there's a history between Ron and Fountain). I know Ron is very busy right now(I was just there last Wednesday).

As to someone to fit the recoil pad, Keith Heeg will be wintering at the Dollar as usual, and generally arrives just before Thanksgiving (depends on the weather up in Snowbird Land). and he would do an excellent job for Fountain.

Bob

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Claypoppy-You are wrong about Ron Fisher. He is a very good gunsmith and a very, very nice man. He's gone out of his way to help me and others I shoot with many times.
staightshooter1,

Thanks for your response to my post. I was only going by what "Fountain" said in his OP.

I do not know Mr. Fisher or anything about his work. As I've stated before on this site, "There are two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle."

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry fellas, didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. The only reason I mentioned Mr. Fischer in my OP was that I anticipated some folks might recommend me to him, given that the Dollar is so close to Tampa.
I have never met Mr. Fischer, but I am sure he is a nice guy.
Last Saturday morning I was at the Dollar having my gun serviced by a well known K-gun smith. He recommended Mr. Fischer to install a new pad and spacer. I called Mr. Fischer and inquired, asking if I could drop by and show him the gun. Mr. Fischer told me that he didn't work on Saturdays (his business card does not so indicate). I then asked him whether this was a job I could wait on if I brought him the gun on a weekday or would he need to keep it a day or so? He told me that no, I couldn't wait on the work and that it would take "a very long time" to have the work done. I thanked him for his time.
I took his comment about a "very long time" to mean that he was too busy.

·
Vendor
4,936 Posts
Somebody owes Ron Fisher an apology. He's a fine gentleman and goes out of his way to help those in need of his services. Ron is retired and does not work on the weekends. He values "his time" to golf and visit family and friends. If you don't know someone personally why speak ill of them?
Mike Battista
Silver Dollar Firearms
727 410 5212

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
There is some cat that has a trailer set up at Fishhawk Sporting Clays. He did a stock for my wife and was very acceptable. I forget his name though. Call there and ask.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Somebody owes Ron Fisher an apology. He's a fine gentleman and goes out of his way to help those in need of his services. Ron is retired and does not work on the weekends. He values "his time" to golf and visit family and friends. If you don't know someone personally why speak ill of them?
If you will go back and re-read my post, I never said anything offensive about Mr. Fisher. I said, and I quote..."His reply is a sure-way to loose customers. I will make sure I never use Mr. Fisher." Both of these statements are true IF the OP is correct.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that I was too quick to make this remark. I did so after reading the OP and not hearing Mr. Fisher's side of the story. For this I apologize to Mr. Fisher.

As I stated earlier, there are ALWAYS two sides to every story and I should have kept my opinions to myself without hearing both sides.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Concerning put on a recoil pad, do not grind it to fit your stock, if you can live with the look. A little oversized pad actually gives you better recoil reduction, because the recoil is spread over more sq inches

Phil Berkowitz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts