Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to shoot with just a tank top over the summer as it gets too hot to wear anything more. What's the best recoil pad to use that would be least abrasive to your skin? My thought is that it would need to be more slick versus rubbery (like a Kick-eez) so that there's no rub. Thank you for any suggestions.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have struggled with over heat exhaustion in the past while shooting. I tried the lightest shirts and short and couldn't stay cool.

I tried the Under Armour Compression HeatGear and holy cow did it make a difference.

Seems counterintuitive to wear long sleeves, but I won't shoot in hot weather without it now.

Getting back to your question about a recoil pad: My answer is Kick-Eeze.

Good luck and break them all!

John

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I tried the Under Armour Compression HeatGear and holy cow did it make a difference.

Seems counterintuitive to wear long sleeves, but I won't shoot in hot weather without it now.

Actually if you look at Arabs that travel in the desert none of them are wearing short sleeves. The sun shining directly on your skin can suck the moisture out of your body pretty quick.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
When I was an apprentice years ago the journeymen always wore long sleeves. I thought they were just crazy old men until I asked why and I tried it. The other option is move to Calif. where the weather is always perfect.
:palmier:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I like to shoot with just a tank top over the summer as it gets too hot to wear anything more. What's the best recoil pad to use that would be least abrasive to your skin? My thought is that it would need to be more slick versus rubbery (like a Kick-eez) so that there's no rub. Thank you for any suggestions.
My daughter also likes to shoot in a tank top. He gun has a kickeez pad on it but she also wears one of these. Takes her a few seconds to put on/off.
Screenshot_2020-04-13-14-34-01.png

·
Registered
906 Posts
I shoot all summer long at the Silver Dollar in high heat and humidity. I wear thin, long sleeve microfiber tees and they work great. We have a dept store chain in Florida called Beall’s that sells a brand called Reel Legends. I find the “Keep It Cool” version works the best.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
If you like shooting in a tank top . What pad have you been using, that you like.
If you are having trouble with your current pad , then you dont like shooting in a tank top!
Many like the moisture wicking shirts, I dont, it would need to be tight to stop wrinkles and slippage.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
There used to be a shooter in SE Mich that shot without a shirt in a mesh vest, he took the recoil pads off his gun, just the wood. We called him Booker T. Dummy. He was one hell of a shooter.

Pat

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
We had 1 guy at our club that had this on every shotgun he owned. He also was one of those shooters that was brought up at a time when you missed you didn't eat. Just an incredible shooter.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Microcell pads. Not tacky at all and won’t grip your skin.
I was curious about the Microcell. Do you find a difference between the thinner ones versus the thickest? Looks like the thinner ones are covered in a “black leather” material and the 1.25” is a “black soft design” which looks more slick.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,911 Posts
I was curious about the Microcell. Do you find a difference between the thinner ones versus the thickest? Looks like the thinner ones are covered in a “black leather” material and the 1.25” is a “black soft design” which looks more slick.
No difference that I’ve noticed. Ive never had the 32mm pad though. The 23mm is a close match to most factory pads.

Hastings Distribution, LLC

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Get a Microcell, they are really nice. I'm certain they'd be just fine on bare shoulders. Better than rubber...

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
My Account
Login / Register

View Cart & Checkout
Menu
Categories
Bestsellers

Microcell Ultra-Light Recoil Pad - 23mm (.91"...

Microcell Ultra-Light Recoil Pad - 15mm (.59"...

Microcell Ultra-Light Recoil Pad - 32mm (1.25"...

Remington 1100 LT 20ga Slug Barrel - 2-3/4" -...

CT II 12ga Improved Cylinder (.715" Diameter)

Choke Wrench - All gauges

CT II 12ga Full (.690" Diameter)

Trigger Guard Rubber Bumper with Holding Screw

Remington Metro Barrel Extension

027 - Screw for Side Plates (Old Model)

div.AuthorizeNetSeal{text-align:center;margin:0;padding:0;width:90px;font:normal 9px arial,helvetica,san-serif;line-height:10px;} div.AuthorizeNetSeal a{text-decoration:none;color:black;} div.AuthorizeNetSeal a:visited{color:black;} div.AuthorizeNetSeal a:active{color:black;} div.AuthorizeNetSeal a:hover{text-decoration:underline;color:black;} div.AuthorizeNetSeal a img{border:0px;margin:0px;text-decoration:none;}

Home » Cervellati Recoil Pads
Zoom

Microcell Ultra-Light Recoil Pad - 15mm (.59") Thick - Black
SKU: S-214442
Price: 0.00
$28.00

Qty: - +

- OR -
Add To Wishlist

OverviewReviewsTell a Friend
Microcell Ultra-Light Recoil Pad

• 15mm (.59") Thin
  • 80mm hole distance
  • 46mm (1.89") wide x 146mm (5.75") long
  • Weight 56g (1.97oz)
  • Black Leather Effect
  • Screws are not included

The pads are made in Italy by Cervellati. They are also the supplier to Beretta, Perazzi, Blaser, FN, and other firearm manufacturers. Recoil absorption is higher than the typical rubber pad, with no "bottom out" effect, and the lightweight will not affect the balance of the gun.

Fitting Tips: To grind the toe end of the pad, it is necessary to use a high-speed machine with a 400 grit sanding belt for finishing. The product does not melt, however, failing to use a fine sanding belt might damage the pad 's external appearance. Best results can be achieved by using a new and lubricated belt, and the stock should be gently drawn close to the belt.

mike hudick on 05/27/2017 11:58am

The .59" pad is amazing! I ground it to fit my Browning XT and tested it against some light handicap rounds. I was shocked at how comfortable the pad was.almost no felt recoil at all and no pressure points despite its flat profile.
Add Your Review

Your Name:
Email Address:
Review:
Note: HTML is not translated! Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Your Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Verification:
Submit Your Review
Your Name:
Your Email:
Friends Name:
Friends Email:
Subject:
Message: I came across this product and thought you may like it.
Verification:
Send Message

Information
Customer Service
My Account

Hastings Distribution, LLC ©Copyright 2020 Hastings Distribution, LLC |