Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grand son wants to start trap shooting we were looking at the SKB century III does anyone own one if how is the felt recoil cause he js not a big kid tall but not very heavy.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My grand son wants to start trap shooting we were looking at the SKB century III does anyone own one if how is the felt recoil cause he js not a big kid tall but not very heavy.
My son has been shooting one for two years. No recoil problem with 1 oz loads. Hasn’t really shot 1 1/8 enough to judge.
With adjustable lop and comb getting good fit is easy, which helps recoil immensely. With 1/2” added lop extender he hadnt really outgrown it til he passed 6’ recently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have 2 century iii and a 90TSS. As long as they are fitted properly the recoil is very little. My daughters 13 and 10 are shooting them. My 13yo started with 7/8 or 1oz after 3-400 targets moved to 1-1/8 oz 1145fps 10 yo just getting started shooting using 7/8 oz. Gun fit is most important. The patterning board is your best tool

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
We have a number of young kids shooting them at my club. They all seem to shoot them well and like them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts