Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Shipped is $50 a bag, scroll down in the description and it explains the shipping cost error at checkout.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Very accommodating folks there. They’ve been very helpful in my experiences with them.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shipped is $50 a bag, scroll down in the description and it explains the shipping cost error at checkout.
Your correct I missed that correction. That the price of a bag of shot including including shipping.
Steve

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked my order for 4 bags of 7 1/2 and 4 bags of 8.
Will arrive next Thursday.

Steve

·
Premium Member
6,313 Posts
The only time I ever ordered shot for delivery was when Cabelas had Eagle not only on sale, but offered free shipping as well. My UPS driver was not amused. I can't see how it's economical to reload if you have to pay shipping for shot.

I know in the current environment it's likely a choice between reloading at any cost and not shooting because there is very little factory ammo to be had. But if you take the unavailability of factory ammo out of the equation, factory wins if the shipping cost of shot is factored in.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The only time I ever ordered shot for delivery was when Cabelas had Eagle not only on sale, but offered free shipping as well. My UPS driver was not amused. I can't see how it's economical to reload if you have to pay shipping for shot.

I know in the current environment it's likely a choice between reloading at any cost and not shooting because there is very little factory ammo to be had. But if you take the unavailability of factory ammo out of the equation, factory wins if the shipping cost of shot is factored in.
You can't find it cheaper in California. When you can find it the price is $48. I have to drive 150 miles each way. Limit of 4 bags of shot. The taxes at Phillip Wholesale are high.This is my last order for a long time with that in mind, I think the local state prices will not drop.

About Cabelas we used to go on line to eBay and buy their $100 cards for $80 or $90
We would order shot with free shipping and no taxes using the cards saving more money
The funny part was each bag came in its own box.
My friend and I bought 20 bags. The gal that delivered the mail put them blocking my front door. I don't think she was happy.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
$45 a bag is not a great price unless it very good quality shot. IMHO
It is in California. If you have a source in California let all of us know.
Not being sarcastic.
Have limited sources to buy shot from in California bass masters Rancho Cucamonga 145 miles one way always out of stock. It is in Fresno 110 miles away.Only one in California. Sportsmen warehouse closes to me is 80 miles away. Never have shot. Phillips Wholesale 130 miles away one way Almost $50 a bag not including tax. A couple gun clubs shot for members only. Still in short supply. Roto metal $$78+ not including shipping 230 miles one way. No Cables.

Steve
Lawrence Magum

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
If I didn't have great suppliers around me, I would get together with several guys and order a pallet of shot...all one size and ship it to a cooperating place with a forklift capable of picking it up and setting the pallet on a suitable size truck and haul it to an agreeable storage place for dispersion......takes some effort...but....(you COULD go into the shot business and make easy money as well... LOL....) .........m

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I didn't have great suppliers around me, I would get together with several guys and order a pallet of shot...all one size and ship it to a cooperating place with a forklift capable of picking it up and setting the pallet on a suitable size truck and haul it to an agreeable storage place for dispersion......takes some effort...but....(you COULD go into the shot business and make easy money as well... LOL....) .........m
At the moment I am rebuilding trap machines. in my spare time. Waiting for my sea train to arrive to put $20000 of new equipment for our club I paid four. Long story.
I can get reclaimed at $38 have to buy a pallet at a time. Shipping from Bay area is cost prohibited. I wouldn't make any money.

Steve

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was in REcob on Saturday. lots of shot 4 bag limitl. lawrence brand... 43.00 bag. Sounds like primers for shotgun are going to be some time in coming....

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
A buddy of mine shoots on a squad with the owner of a big distributor...

He met with the truck driver in a parking lot that was along the driver's route to wherever...

My buddy was in his wife's Blazer.😟
He distributed 1 ton of shot throughout the vehicle... 😄

It was dispersed and gone in 1 day at a Saturday practice day at one club.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
A buddy of mine shoots on a squad with the owner of a big distributor...

He met with the truck driver in a parking lot that was along the driver's route to wherever...

My buddy was in his wife's Blazer.😟
He distributed 1 ton of shot throughout the vehicle... 😄

It was dispersed and gone in 1 day at a Saturday practice day at one club.
No surprise. Who ever thought lead would classify as a precious metal?

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Was in REcob on Saturday. lots of shot 4 bag limitl. lawrence brand... 43.00 bag. Sounds like primers for shotgun are going to be some time in coming....
Glad they still had some. Their sight is still down.
Steve

1 - 20 of 66 Posts