Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how light your shot drops are when loading reclaimed shot. Have you ever checked? Stroker

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I drop nice clean reclaimed shot for my 1 1/8 oz practice loads. Don't really care if they end up being +/- a few 10's of an oz. They fill the shot cup and give me nice crips, and they work as well or even a little better than the cheap promo loads out there.
No I've never weighed them, but do weigh my powder drop at the beginning of each new jug.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just did so yesterday. Reclaimed weighed the same as Eagle 7&1/2's. GEG. Note: Reclaimed is so good you have to look hard to identify it as reclaimed. Mining done by Mike McNeely of Double Adobe, Az. GEG.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Wander, I just bought 1100 pounds from down in Fla that I found out that came from North Carolina. A lot of it is flat sided, I don't know if it makes a difference but I wouldn't have driven all the way down there to get it if I had known. You can definitely tell the difference. Jackie B.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well I tried some reclaimed shot and I have dicovered some interesting facts....such as patterns are tighter ....lighter loads dropped by at least a eighth of an oz.however the crimps still looked the same....sometimes wont cycle a beretta 391 like red dot ..........and you can still miss a hard left with it!!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Biggun4fun.sometimes those flat shot will"blister" those hard lefts. However, please be careful with that reddot load in a 391. If that aint so. GRITS AINT GROCERIES, EGGS AINT POULTRIES...AND MONA LISA WAS A MAN. Stroker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.