Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Man, you people break out the calculators real quick. A lot of neat math I must add and I will congratulate you on that. Me, I took the simple route, I broke out my phone. I used a land line and called in an expert. I am NOT saying that you are all wrong, I am just saying he is highly qualified to comment on this.

Play Mission Impossible Theme here please. Name: Garland Sears. Occupation: Reclamation Miner since 1975. Experience: Mined between 300 to 400 trap fields. Current experience: Last year mined 450 feet of some range named Vandalia somewhere in Ohio. This year: plans to mine the other 1.5 miles at Vandalia if weather permits. His answer to how many pounds of reclaimed shot is in a 55 gallon drum: insert drum roll here, 2400 to 2800 pounds average!!! If you would like to check his numbers, stop by Vandalia this summer and buy one of the historic Vandalia drums. Hurry before the Bradford Exhange gets them all. IMHO This answer is close enough for me or take your barrel to a truck scale.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Omaha,It's going to depend on just how full these barrels are. 2400-2800 is a 400 lb variation. That's a big difference. Is a barrel completely full at 2800 or is that just what Sears put in it? If that answer is close enough for you, you take the one that weighs 2400 and I'll take the one that weighs 2800.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I figure that it doesn't need to be weighed until the cash is in the hand Johnny. I would take either barrel after I weighed it also. Let me know which one you buy and I will take the other one. We will have enough lead for the summer at least. LOL

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.