Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering with the cost of a flat of good shells above the $60 mark what you can reload some practice shells for?

I would like to know how much your paying for a bag 25# of reclaimed or non- commercial manufactured shot.

If you have a price per shell or box of loaded shells along with your recipe please post as well.

joe

·
Registered
393 Posts
i make my own shot,dont count my time feel its a hobby that pays for my componets& targets with my shot sales,use sts hulls,chedite primers$114/5000,21.5gr green dot$85/8lbs,fig 8 wads $18/1000,and 1 1/8 oz of my shot$0,i shoot 15k targets/yr,and shot pays for componets&targets,thanks to jim stewarts black max,you have to love to tinker & be a scrounger or it wont work,mark jones, p.s i average $22.50 per bag(un shipped)for my shot

·
Registered
150 Posts
At the Autumn Grand I paid $20 per 25 pound bag of reclaimed shot. This was at Tucson Trap. If the rate has dropped I will buy 10 more bags at the Spring Grand.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I was at Tucson Trap for the Winter Chain on Saturday 1/24/2009 and reclaimed was selling for $18.00 a bag .. new shot $30.00 a bag

Dennis

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
I go out to the shot drop zone at my club with a dust pan and broom. It takes about 20 minutes to sweep up 100 lbs of shot. Another 40 minutes at home to clean it and lube it. Total investment $10 for broom, dust pan and 1 lb of powdered graphite. HMB

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
No need to do it late at night. I am retrieving the lead that I deposited in the drop zone. Doing my part to keep the club clean. The best time is late afternoon after the sun has dried everything out. HMB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.