Trapshooters Forum banner

Reclaimed shot - How many times?

1916 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Jeff5786
Rain today so decided to bottle some shot for reloading. I have had trouble with fine sand in my reclaimed so I dump a bag into a five gallon bucket and screen it before putting into gallon jugs. Jugs are easier to pour into the hoppers. Anyhow, I noticed some damaged shot in the mix and got to wondering how many times shot can be reused before its all beat up into frisbees? At some time, the shot will have to be re-dropped into new.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Rain today so decided to bottle some shot for reloading. I have had trouble with fine sand in my reclaimed so I dump a bag into a five gallon bucket and screen it before putting into gallon jugs. Jugs are easier to pour into the hoppers. Anyhow, I noticed some damaged shot in the mix and got to wondering how many times shot can be reused before its all beat up into frisbees? At some time, the shot will have to be re-dropped into new.
So how cheap was this shot?

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
I have tried re-claim shot but I find it has lost it's memory on how to get to the target, kind of like old jockey shorts that lose their elasticity.
Neil tested it and found it to be good. He tested Lead Miner Terry’s version and gave it a thumbs up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.