Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at my component inventory and projecting when I need to make future purchases.

Having never been to the Grand, but hoping to go next year, can someone tell me if anyone at the Grand sells reclaimed shot? And hopefully at normal market prices (e.g. about $27 a 25 lb. bag at the moment)?

I'd like to bring home 40 to 60 bags, if possible.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Last year I remember people selling shot, May have been new. With the amount that you are interested in you should make arrangements before hand.

11 months might be cutting it a bit close. I suggest 7 to 8 months.

Also, do a search for reclaim shot. There is/was a guy that post here. Find out his schedule and he may deliver to your driveway or you can go to his place or meet some where.

Jason

·
Registered
11,141 Posts
If your near Iowa. You can try contacting the McAlister shot company. They re-drop re-clamed shot and add antimony to bring it up to 4% Antimony. The same as Lawrence Brand Mag shot has now. They sell there shot in buckets that you can reuse, or sell to local live bait shops if you like. Good Luck to Ya. break em all jeff

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Either Leadminer for reclaimed or McAlister for remelted are good options.

I have used some of the McAlister shot in the past and it is fine for singles, doubles, and short handicap.

The reclaimed, I would stick to singles and first shot of doubles.

@Lead Miner

·
Registered
11,141 Posts
I have used some of the McAlister shot in the past and it is fine for singles, doubles, and short handicap.
So you would not use Lawrence Brand Mag shot for long range handicap as well? Or would you? Or would you use LB Mag shot from the 27 yard for just your smaller monthly shoots. Saving your good premium factory loads for the larger shoots? I'm just trying, to see how you size up LB mag. and McAlister shot for longer distances is all. break em all Jeff

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
I'm using STS for my 27 yard shooting. It's just that much better than the Lawrence and West Coast shot.

When I run out of STS, assuming I can't find any more, I'll start using Factory shells. Probably Aguila, STS/Nitro27, and AA Super Handicaps.

The shells I already have loaded with West Coast and Lawrence are relegated to singles and doubles. I may be overthinking this. But that's where I am right now.

Reactions: Pull & Mark

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm asking early (very early) because there are competing claims on different vehicles. If I'm picking up shot I need to lay me claim to the vehicle with the highest payload. I've heard very good things about Leadminer, but I doubt if they make it to the west coast. If I can't get a decent deal on reclaim at Sparta next year I'll be trying to intercept them somewhere on the way there or the way back to make a purchase. Otherwise I may wind up making a special trip to the Sacramento area where I've been able to pick-up reclaim once before.

I only have enough reclaim to make it through next fall. Given it's spotty availability I need to plan ahead and lay in as much as I can.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure your shot has a Prop 65 warning

You mean the sticker that says "This bag of lead shot may contain lead"? It had darn well contain lead; that's why I bought it !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts