Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Robinson Ranch in FL has reclaimed shot for sale that has been clean and graf.the price is $16.00 for 25lbs we haave 12,000 lbs on site.Call Tom at 352-572-7339

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Having never shot any reclaimed shot I have a few questions. What if anything needs to be done before the shot is shootable? Is there any real consideration for damage to a guns barrel? What is the best recommendations for containers for hauling the shot? I purchased 1000 lbs of home made shot last year and used five gallon buckets. But may want around 3000 lbs and know from experience you don't want it where it can slide around. What do most people get it in? Thanks Jackie B.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Jack, first the shot is ready to go. There is nothing you have to do to start shooting it. It has been cleaned and coated with graphite and looks as if brand new. As for transporting, most people use a 55 gallon drum. It holds 3500lbs. If you put it on a pallet you can move it around with a forklift or a pallet mover that could be rented from a local tool supply house or maybe a friend or club may have something to move it with and then use a 5 gal pail for loading. I have shot a lot of reclaimed shot through my own guns and had no prolems or wear on the barrel. It's like shooting regular shot or home made shot. If 3500 pounds is too much weight, you can always divide it in half or more in other 55 gallon barrels. It will make it easier to move around.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I bought 125 pounds of this shot, working on loading the last of it, shoots good and is clean, targets break when I do my part, funny how they dont care that I am shooting them with used shot, got 250 more pounds on the way tomorrow.

good bargain IMHOP

Rick

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Robinson Ranch is located near Dunnellon. It's about 5 miles west on route 40 outside of Dunnellon. It is closer to Dunnellon than it is to Inglis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.