Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I've used it from several different sources and have found no trash/dirt in it and will keep using it. I ran some of it through my cement mixer and added a dab of graphite and screened it to see if it had any trash and had none. I think it is a good value and will see no reason not to use it. Jackie B.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm told that if some was reclaimed from skeet field that there will be a-lot of 9 shot mixed in and the wind will move it around---also the deformed shot will effect pattern---Just asking to get input----Thanks---George

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Problem with reclaimed shot is after three or four cycles of being reclaimed, shot, reclaimed, shot, etc, it starts looking really nasty and needs to be re-dropped. I use it for 16's and first shot in doubles. Real stuff for handicap and second shot.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I think as with most things in trapshooting, If you are on target at the point of trigger (pull/release) it will break the target. My feeling is give them to the big boys without them knowing it and thier scores would be the same! I have shot good and bad scores with both new and reclaimed. However some reclaimed is better than others. It needs to cleaned, polished and graphited correctly.

·
Registered
883 Posts
It must be clean & watch out for steel. My Belgian Brownings & Win 21 vent rib trap do really well with that steel. Use a magnet & what else is in there that will hurt a good bore. OK for 12 ga & 1oz + loads that fill the pattern but how well will it work in 1/2 oz .410.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.