Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got about 10k Cheddites & am getting ready to start using them. Looking for a recipe for the following: 1) Remington Gun Club Hulls 2) Down range equivalents of TGT12 2) Claydot powder--Looking for 1 oz loads @ 1180--1200FPS

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I've always used the win209 data.

worked well for me.

tony

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I also used them back and forth with Win. 209s with similar data but my loads were never anywhere near maxed out. It doesn't sound like yours are either.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

G

·
May also add that I've interchanged the two with no ill effects. Like BDodd said, I don't load at maximum pressures either.

ec90t

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
17.5 to 17.8 grains of Clay Dot should get you in the ballpark with reasonable pressures using the Cheddite Primer. Double check the data and you might want to give Alliant a call to see what their take on it is. My records show 17.5 grains at a little less than 1200 fps in my shotgun. I did NOT test this load for cold weather performance. I usually put some in the freezer for a few days and run them over a chronograph alongside some at normal temps. I didn't do that with these loads, since I don't use a lot of the Cheddite primers anymore. The Winchester 209 did great when they were tested, and the velocities were pretty close to the Cheddites with Clay Dot. The Remington 209P primers actually show a little more pressure in the Alliant data, but still not anywhere close to being excessive.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always keep at least 1/2 ton of shot, 20k primers , 15k wads ,32 lbs of powder in my inventory. May even get way more considering potential ammo taxes or bans.

Phil Berkowitz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.