Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
20.9 grains Winchester Super Handicap powder, WW209 primer, Winchester 1118 wad, 492 grains 71/2 or 8 magnum shot..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
324 Posts
20.9 grains of Winchester Super Handicap powder, Winchester wad, waa12, in a winchester Hull, and also Win 209 primer. I use the win grey hull to duplicate .

Trap-4

·
Registered
188 Posts
So what is the key ingredient here? The wad? which one? is there a difference? between the red and the gray shells? ( they sure pattern differently)

·
Registered
324 Posts
USE A wAA12 WAD IN A GRAY HULL, yes there is a slight difference , between the red and grey hull.But I have used both and have not seen much difference.

Trap4

·
Registered
412 Posts
I reload both red and gray, even have some old silver ones and I haven't seen a bit of difference. They all break targets. The old silver ones have more space and I load those for 11/8 oz handicap. The red and gray 1 oz singles and sporting clays load. All loads at about 1180 to 1200 fps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anybody know what Hornady bushing will give around 20.9 gr? Hodgdon manual
says #381 will throw 21.0gr but I've noticed these are notoriously wrong. Anybody
have any insight? Thanks...

·
Registered
45 Posts
With my lot of Super handicap powder my Hornady #372 throws 20.2 grains. The next size Hornady makes is a #380 which throws 21.1. I bought another #372 and lapped it a bit to throw 20.6. I like to use the CB version of the TGT-12 wad with either Win or Cheddite primer. The published 20.9 load is over 11,000 psi so I like to back off a bit.

·
Registered
764 Posts
If you want the full affect of the Winchester super handicap shells put a spent primer in every 10th reloaded shell or so, then you get the full experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts