Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So quick question.

I purchased ammo (handgun) from someone on another forum. They shipped this via USPS. Will the PO deliver? If so can I get in trouble for accepting as I had no idea he was sending via USPS.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tracking initially stated it would be delivered but now it states “package available for pick up”

·
Perazzi MX10RS
2,023 Posts
You are allowed to ship loaded ammo. The proper designation must be adhered to the package.
For instance,
MG
MG, USPS actually prohibits shipping of ammunition. But if they don't know what is in the box and it was not x-ray'd, it can slip through.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Can fedex ship ammo? I thought that only UPS does.
How can you get in trouble by accepting it if you don't know what's in the box?

·
Perazzi MX10RS
2,023 Posts
Loaded ammunition is considered 1.4S Explosives and may only be shipped ground via courier. It must be labeled as such. That is why you always see ammunition with the ORM-D label affixed to the package when it is shipped to you. FedEx or UPS only. It is illegal to ship ammunition via the post office. Very heavy fines and possible jail time.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ll see if it happens to end up in my mailbox today if not then I’ll go down to PO. I can’t control how someone shipped something so can’t see why I would get in trouble. Wouldn’t it fall onto the person that shipped the item?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yes you could get into trouble. You now know that it's illegal to ship the ammunition the way it was shipped, and by accepting delivery of the package you are with full knowledge causing the completion of a illegal act.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well wait is over PO deliver3d it. No questions just pulled it out of the box. Lesson learned though

·
Registered
258 Posts
The shipper definitely broke the law, as did everyone along the shipping chain as long as the box was properly labeled. I doubt you would need to resurrect Johnny Cochran to keep yourself out of jail... You ordered a legal item and picked up mail from your mailbox.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
USPS delivered ammo to me this week.
Outside of box was marked as having ammo in it, small arms cartridges if I remember correctly.
I too thought it was not permissible to send through post office but I got it.
Came from an individual not a business.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
🤬I no longer have this problem thanks to the left wing commies in CA running my state.live free & reload while you still can

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah the box the ammo came in wasn’t marked or anything. Just my address and the address of the seller. Again lesson learned

·
Registered
8,171 Posts
Yes you could get into trouble. You now know that it's illegal to ship the ammunition the way it was shipped, and by accepting delivery of the package you are with full knowledge causing the completion of a illegal act.
No he didn't break any rules - he's a democrat when he goes to pick it up. :)

My guess is that the carrier feels it is either too heavy or won't fit in the mailbox.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts