Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the following email about Redland + M&M honoring Triple B membership ...
which reminds me that I still have credits on a Triple B shooting key.

I stopped by Triple B today to ask for information.
As expected, I was told that there is no refund on shooting credits and
I will have about 4 months to use up my credits.

You may want to plan a trip to Triple B to use up the credit if you are in a similar situation.

-----------
Subject: Current members of Triple B Clays
Date: September 7, 2019 at 8:59:35 AM PDT
To:
Reply-To: Redlands Shooting Park <[email protected]>

To ALL current members of Triple B Clays!

To the current members of Triple B Clays,
Firstly, we're saddened upon hearing the recent news that Triple B Clays will not be renewing its lease with LA County. We'd like to wish the entire Triple B staff the best and congratulate them on an era of great target-setting, fun events and some of the best state championships we've ever seen.
As a result of this recent change, Redlands Shooting Park, and Moore N’ Moore Sporting Clays would like to invite you out to our ranges where we will honor any active annual Triple B membership with full membership privileges at our clubs until the membership has reached its expiration date.
Simply bring your membership card from Triple B or proof of membership purchase to either of the clubs below and we’ll be glad to set you up with a new membership card.
Thank you,

Cory Moore - Owner/Operator of Moore N' Moore Sporting Clays
Terry Bilbey, Ian Rangel and Allison Rangel - Owners/Operators of Redlands Shooting Park

Here are our locations:
Redlands Shooting Park
2125 N. Orange St, Redlands, CA 92374
(909) 335-8844
[email protected]

Moore N’ Moore Sporting Clays
12651 N. Little Tujunga Canyon Road, Sylmar, CA 91342
Located on the Angeles Shooting Ranges.
(818) 890-4788
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Thank you, I heard that too, I also found this message on Triple B Clay's website:

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 10.35.28 PM.png

Reactions: 90292

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
With all due respect to Moore and Moore, and Redlands, both great clubs where I've shot many times, The loss of Triple B is a tragedy for trap, skeet and sporting clays in Southern California. Its facilities and location in South El Monte made is accessible to a large population in the greater Los Angeles area.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have also been told by staff of another local club that there is plan to take over the lease with high certainty.

The question for me at that point was the membership and credit. Looks like more details are coming out by the week..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
In fact, I was thanking the staff of that local club on how well their club is.

I also asked about setup for international clay games setup. He told me that his club already has international skeet, and will have access to a bunker trap field as soon as they ‘take over’ triple B. I did not know what they means but excited for the opportunity of the news. May be eventually, membership will be honored at both clubs ??? That will be my 2020 wish

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Bring back a slightly unpleasant memory about their membership card deposit "receipt".

At first, Tripple B's membership card required a $20 deposit for that plastic card itself. If you lost that small paper receipt, you'll not get the $20 deposit back when you discontinue your membership.

I don't know who came out with that great idea to rack up another $20 from people who wish to discontinue their membership, but it got enough complains they eventually canceled that policy.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Oaktree gun club has the new lease. They were talking about it today at the club. Maybe they will call it Oaktree east.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Jim Mitchell, owner of Oaktree, has the capital resources available to make the improvements needed at BBB. I imagine that promised improvements was a key factor in his securing the lease from LA County.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Triple B has been in a state of disrepair for years. Someone with the ability and resources can make it a great club again. I for one am looking forward to a new and better future for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts