Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ready to bend over????????

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  grammie 
#1 ·
Well that didn't take long. The Dem's budget includes some of the largest tax increases ever. Mash on the link for some of the details.

Jim

#7 ·
They probably have to raise the taxes to try and recover some of the stupid money spent on the great war we should not be in. My how those republicans are so great. Loose a son,daughter or relative over there and you will have a total diff. view about it. IT IS CENSLESS.

#13 ·
Here's the laundry list of bullcrap spending the dumbocrats put in the war suplemental funding bill. List compiled Rush L.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
</a>

Nancy Pelosi spent $28 billion taxpayer dollars in one week to round up the bare minimum of 218 votes that she needed, the exact number to get her majority. It works out to $130 million or so per vote. The president detailed some of this, but I've got the laundry list of the pork that is in the bill that the Senate passed yesterday. As we all know, there's $25 million for a spinach farmer, $24 million for funding for sugar beets, $3 million in funding for sugar cane going to one Hawaiian co-op. There's $20 million for insect infestation damage reimbursements in Nevada, Idaho and Utah; $2.1 billion for crop production losses; one and a half billion for livestock production losses; $100 million for dairy production losses; $13 million for ewe lamb replacement and retention; $32 million for the livestock indemnity program; $40 million for the Tree Assistance Program

There's a hundred million dollars for small agricultural dependent businesses. Look at how much pork is in this bill for farming- and agricultural-related industries. Six million for North Dakota flooded crop land; $35 million for emergency conservation programs; $50 million for the Emergency Watershed Program. This is in the bill that the Democrats in the House and Senate passed yesterday to pull troops out of Iraq in March of 2008 and not fund the surge. One-hundred-fifteen million dollars for the Conservation Security Program. Now, it sounds like a dupe, but it's not. It was earlier, $35 million for the Emergency Conservation Program, and then another $115 million for the Conservation Security Program, which proves much of what I have said constantly: the redundancy in all these federal programs is pathetic. There's $18 million for drought assistance in the upper Great Plains and in the Southwest; $6 million for the North Dakota flooded crop land and $18 million for drought assistance in the upper Great Plains in the Southwest (a provision that extends the availability by a year); $3.5 million dollars in funding for guided tours of the Capitol is in this bill.

Also, it has a provision that allows transfer of funds from holiday ornament sales in the Senate Gift Shop, and $165.9 million for fisheries disaster relief funded through NOAA. This includes $60.4 million for salmon fisheries in the Klamath Basin region; $12 million for forest service money. There's $425 million for education grants for rural areas. This is the Secure Rural Schools Program. There's $640 million for something called LIHEAP; $25 million for asbestos abatement at the Capitol Power Plant; $388.9 million for funding for backlog of old Department of Transportation projects; $22.8 million for geothermal research and development; $500 million for wildfire fire management; $13 million for mine safety technology research; $31 million for a one month extension of the Milk Income Lost Contract Program. Have I lost the audience yet, do you think? (Laughing) Low Income Energy Assistance is What LIHEAP is? Okay, what was that number on LIHEAP? Gosh, this list is huge. That's $640 million for Low Income Energy Assistance. I thought Hugo Chavez had taken care of that. Winter is over! (Laughing)

Let's see. Fifty million for Fisheries Disaster Mitigation Fund; $100 million for security at the presidential candidate nominating conventions; and $2 million for the University of Vermont. Plus, get this: $6.4 million for the House of Representatives Salaries and Expenses Account, and President Bush said, "I don't even know what that is."

#14 ·
Being from Oregon and having enjoyed the construction that has gone on here for quite a while. Ide love to see that Klamath Project move a head, and there is a clause submitted to the rural schools support that would phase that program out over 5 years. The rest of it is pork I SAY!!!!!!!!!!! this is a BS budget and it will help to get them dethroned!

lol

Dennis

#15 ·
Keep in mind that Bush DOES NOT have "line item veto" powers!!! He either goes WITH the PORK,,,,or he Kills it all!!!

The dems DO NOT have the votes to override a veto!!! So it will be back to the drawing board,,and to hell with the troops!!!!!!!!!

This is the end result of a "lame duck" president....

AKA Grammie...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.