Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Update on if and/or when the PCPB-2 Powder Baffle for MEC reloaders
will be ever available again. Thanks Danny
upload_2020-7-22_7-43-20.png

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Why do you need one?
They seal against the charge bar better than the standard MEC rubber washer / brass washer. Especially with fine-grained powders like Titewad.

Less powder migration.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bought 4 from a member. Maybe he will pm you if he has any left.

For PowerPro 300-MP it is perfect. No top side powder migration at all. Now if the bar fit the chrome piece Correctly I’d have zero powder leaking.
Tom

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I thought I seen somewhere a while back that Downrange has the rights on those baffles. They took over production of PC wads also I think. Anyway, they are listed on Downrange website under accessories but I don't think they are in production. Maybe contact Downrange?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did see them on the Downrange web site. Tried contacting them and received no response. Thanks anyway. D

·
Registered
62 Posts
This baffle came up on another posting, recomended to stop powder leaking with Titewad. I found one in my misc box that looks just like the one in the picture, except mine does not have the "nose" which protrudes below the male threaded end. The only thing inside is an inverted "V" of stamped metal. Are there two styles of these baffles, or am I missing a piece. (not sure how the nose is attached on the one pictured.)

Thanks,

Bill

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
This baffle came up on another posting, recomended to stop powder leaking with Titewad. I found one in my misc box that looks just like the one in the picture, except mine does not have the "nose" which protrudes below the male threaded end. The only thing inside is an inverted "V" of stamped metal. Are there two styles of these baffles, or am I missing a piece. (not sure how the nose is attached on the one pictured.)

Thanks,

Bill
The baffle that you are describing is not the PC baffle that is spring loaded.
MG

·
Banned
8,596 Posts

Thanks,

Bill
Screenshot_20200728-225424_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
MG,

My tiny brain is getting confused. The one you picture is different from the one in the original posting. Yours has the translucent white flare at the bottom, and I cannot picture how that fits, and the one in the OP does not have that. I thought maybe mine was missing part, but evidently, it is a third style.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
14,105 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has begun 3d printing these yet, the 2 parts (body and plunger) would be nothing to 3d print. The pain in the ass part would be the spring, but you may be able to modify the design to use something read-made from McMaster.

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
MG,

My tiny brain is getting confused. The one you picture is different from the one in the original posting. Yours has the translucent white flare at the bottom, and I cannot picture how that fits, and the one in the OP does not have that. I thought maybe mine was missing part, but evidently, it is a third style.

Thanks,

Bill
Hello Bill,
The white piece at the bottom, is not part of the baffle. Just a stand for the picture.
Good Luck,
MG

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
The very early PC baffle did not have the spring loaded plunger. I have two of the early ones.

·
Registered
32,249 Posts
The very early PC baffle did not have the spring loaded plunger. I have two of the early ones.

Right, and I have one of each, plus the two metal ones that came with adjustable charge bar. Funny because I don’t remember buying the two plastic ones. I wonder if they too came with early versions of the adjustable charge bars? They just turned up in “my stuff” of almost 50 years. BTW it was the one without the spring loaded plunger I used to make my hose fed shot reservoir. I cannibalized it and attached it to the quick release for the hose to the press.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Right, and I have one of each, plus the two metal ones that came with adjustable charge bar. Funny because I don’t remember buying the two plastic ones. I wonder if they too came with early versions of the adjustable charge bars? They just turned up in “my stuff” of almost 50 y ears. BTW it was the one without the spring loaded plunger I used to make my hose fed shot reservoir. I cannibalized it and attached it to the quick release for the hose to the press.
So I'm not going crazy, but then maybe this has nothing to do with that. Amazing what accumulates. Will show this to my wife. She thinks I am the only one who keeps everything. I still have a partial can of the original Dupont HiSkor. I think it goes back 55 years. As kid on the farm, remember going over to farm of local small town trap shooter. He sold dynamite and gunpowder. He would refill powder cans from kegs or just put it in a Mason jar! He had a magazine/bunker in the grove behind his barn.

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
It would be nice if someone would start making the red baffle for us. I'm sure they could sell plenty of them.

And if anyone runs across a site that is selling them, be sure to come back and put it on TS.Com so that we may get one too. Thanks!

Hauxfan!

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Yours has the translucent white flare at the bottom
that's a reflection from the surface it is standing on. The baffle is only the red part.

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Registered
62 Posts
It would be nice if someone would start making the red baffle for us. I'm sure they could sell plenty of them.

And if anyone runs across a site that is selling them, be sure to come back and put it on TS.Com so that we may get one too. Thanks!

Hauxfan!
My son's inlaw nephew has a laser printer. Based on what I have seen him do, I think making these on a machine like that would be pretty simple, but have no idea what costs to run one. He is three states away, so not practicle to pursue, but if nothing happens here before I go visit in Oct, I will talk to him about it.

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Sounds great Gunner............Can't hurt to talk to him about it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Hauxfan!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts