Trapshooters Forum banner

Re-bluing

1537 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  James L Balog
OK new to all this but have a question. I am thinking about purchasing a cynergy sporting over under 12gauge but has rust on barrel. Its a pretty piece but would it be worth redoing?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,771 Posts
OK new to all this but have a question. I am thinking about purchasing a cynergy sporting over under 12gauge but has rust on barrel. Its a pretty piece but would it be worth redoing?
Depends on how much it bothers you...if it's surface rust you may be able to remove it with some tlc. Lots of different methods to do this online. To have it completely re-blued, that'll be fairly expensive. It'll have to be disassembled, polished and re-blued. I'd be surprised if you could have this done for less than $500.

· Premium Member
9,223 Posts
I say, forget bluing on a piece like that ,sandblast, degrease thoroughly, then spray with gunkote gun metal blue, bake it at 325 for and hour and done. Do your part right and how it comes out will shock you, as I have a old colt 1911 and the Gunkote job very nearly matches my Series 70 Gold Cup Mk IV in Colt Royal blue, and quite a few people at the range could not tell the difference and it will take a 1000 hours in a salt spray cabinet without any rust to boot!. You could send it out to Glenrock blue if it is not pitted too bad and get his master finish that for 7 bills he will polish it to a mirror, with no waves 2000 grit finish do his 10 tank dunk, and make it pur-die. Choices are all yours.
Aloha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.