Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCBS Grand

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  warren 
#1 ·
Anybody have trouble with RCBS Grand. If so what are they

#3 ·
Great loader. The down side...too many plastic parts that can and will break, especially the primer feed thingy.

It's a little finicky (sp?) to get it set up to crimp probably and not collapse hulls. But once you've got it, it works great.

I own one and would recommend them to others. There has been much discussion on here over the years. A search should lead you to all you want to know. Or just wait and it will all be replayed on this thread.

Tom

#4 ·
I own one also and would agree with Tom, although as of yet, I have had no trouble with the primer feed. I have loaded about 10,000 rounds on mine so far. Customer service has been great, and parts and shipping have been free, even wad guide fingers. It loads beautiful factory looking ammo with accurate powder and shot drops. I would recommend this loader even with its few quirks. I own two Ponsness Warren, a Mec, and the RCBS, all have their little annoying issues once in a while! Mike

#6 ·
I bought mine early last summer, it was used and needed some attention. I went to the RCBS building at the Grand and explained my troubles, the tech quickly diagnosed the problems and handed me all the parts necessary to get it running properly. It loads a nice looking shell and is easy enough to operate so overall I'm satisfied with it. That said, I have always been a MEC user and after trying other brands I seem to always gravitate back to one of theirs...sometimes sooner rather than later!

#7 ·
I have two GRANDS. They are great machines. The no hull no drop at the powder and shot stations is a great feature. The only draw back is that you can only load 12 & 20ga shells with it. If you decide to get one, you better have a stout loading bench to put it on. ABH.

#8 ·
Tom
my problem is when dropping the shot the tube catches on the edge of the hull or the edge of the wad and folds one or the other before the tube can get to the bottom to drop the shot. Have you had this problem.
Ive tried e-mail rcbs but get no response. Bill

#9 ·
b12-
I had the same trouble with mine when I first started using it. The fix for mine was to replace the little arm that catches the turret and rotates it. Mine was worn a bit and not allowing the turret to move completely to the next station. Doesn't take much to have things out of alignment and then what you are experiencing happens. I also replaced all of the plastic fingers that hold the shells in the turret. If those are worn a bit the hulls are not sitting in the center of the station, which can also cause your problem.

#10 ·
I've owned one for just over a year and so far am very happy with it, I've owned a Grabber and a Dillon, which are both very good loaders but the Grand suits my needs the best. The adjustments are very well explained in the directions and easy to do.

warren

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.