Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Are you kidding me, no one uses one of these old things?

I thought I would have many threads, when I asked for opinions! :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
29,328 Posts
I have one I bought a few years ago that I found at a swap meet. It was new in the box, never set up or used, but missing a few parts. Contacting RCBS I was able to get the parts I needed.

While it is an older design than what RCBS now has and might be crude compared to other brands, but it works great. The problem was finding the plates for the calibers I wanted. I have just a couple I need to complete the set. They are available for around 40 bucks.

Just be careful when you buy the shell plates, because some do not have the two tapped holes for mounting the indexing mechanizism.

I only paid 50 bucks for it, so it has worked out fine for me,

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rick,

I am not familiar with the unit, but I got a fair deal on it and it's in great shape.

It has 3 shell plates with it but I need number 10. Do you have any suggestions on where to find a number 10 plate?

Jack

·
Registered
29,328 Posts
Try RCBS and MidwayUSA first. You can find used ones on Amazon and Craig's List. Just make sure they are drilled and tapped for the indexing and they come with the 3 buttons. Visit any gun shows and small gun shops, that,have,been around for a few years. You can try "want to buy" section at web sites like this one, but I have had no luck here.

I, myself am look for #17, 19 and 23.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Rick, if I come across some of those numbers I'll let you know.

Jack

·
Registered
29,328 Posts
Thank you. I'll keep my eyes open for #10 for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts