Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm being offered some fairly good bulk prices on RC Shells. They're all in the 1 ounce size, but the reported speeds are "up there", 1200 to 1411. Prices are comparable to the upper end Winchester, Remington, and Federal (papers). Does anyone have experience with this brand of shells that they'd like to share?

Take a gander at these speeds:
RC2 Competition 12ga 1200 FPS
RC2 Competition 12ga 1250 FPS
RC3 Competition 12ga 1220 FPS
RC4 Red Shot 12ga 1290 FPS
RC4 Red Shot 12ga 1345 FPS
RC4 Champion 12ga 1360 FPS
RC4 Hyperfast 12ga 1411 FPS
This seller also offers the B&P shells, which I've used.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Unless they are at least a dollar a box cheaper than Win. AA's I'd pass on them. Now how much does your seller want for the B&P's???. This line is as good as Win. AA's but with a non-brass economy line of hulls, but a top notch shell none-the-less. Still I'd want to save a buck a box, or I'd just buy Win. AA's!!! and sell the empties for a buck a box. You could have saved a extra 2 bucks a box on rebates until they ran out this past month as well. Good Luck to ya and break em all. Jeff

I'd try the comp. 1200 fps loads and pass on the rest if priced right though!!!

·
Banned
16,308 Posts
Guaranteed 100x100's.

Or you can do a lawn job on Tron's front yard.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Be careful it was a RC for red shot loads they got a shooter disqualified recently at World Cup match. It is common knowledge that there over the standard. I have shot these loads and they're good loads but I don't think that they're worth the money. There are other loads that are just as good that are cheaper. I think there every bit as good as the Winchester.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have shot 30 flats of the RC2 @1250 fps and 10 flats of the RC4 Champion's and I have to say that I like them better than any other shell I've shot. The distributor was close by so I could pick them up with no freight charges but he is no longer carrying them so I am on to something else..... I am shooting Sporting Clays Games with this particular shell....
Good while it lasted !!!

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Guys, RC cartridges are TOP NOTCH! It is almost all I use over here in South Africa. Very hard shot and very good patterns.

They are as good as the top tier US cartridges.

Tim

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
People win world cups with RC and Clever all of the time so if it's good enough for them then they're fine. My buddy likes them for int'l trap and sporting.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I can almost guarantee you that none shot RC 4 REDSHOT in last weeks world championships. Saw a lot of Fiocchi hulls

T

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
you aren't going to see every shell every time. RC has a pretty proven track record.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
There have been several DQ's for heavy shot charges this year. I don't know if they've all been RC's but you can bet vital body parts that if an international shooter wants to shoot risk-free of OTHER peoples' mistakes that they'll prolly be using Fiocchis.

Of course no org here GAF so shoot whatever.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
USA Shooting requires the 24.5 gram limit at the selection matches. Will they actually check us next month at the match? Probably not? And I think the overweight RC loads had to do with how the shot was plated lol

I know Fiocchi and Win AA are loaded to 23.5 grams to be safe. I've been meaning to cut open a Fiocchi in my room to check this.

·
Registered
632 Posts
It is common knowledge in Europe that the RC 4 Red Shot are heavy. 24.9+ as I hear. Will they start weighing in the US? Don't Know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts