Trapshooters Forum banner

rate kawasaki mule utv

5K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  buster45 
#1 ·
How would you rate the kawasaki3010 4x4Mule atv?

#2 ·
Bullet proof. I bought one for our three boys in 2005 and it is still going strong. Great little hauler. Just change the oil and keep the air filter clean. The hour meter broke about six years ago. I have no idea how many hours it has, but it keeps on keepin on.

#3 ·
I have a 4010 which I think is just a newer version. Love it. Use it almost every day around the farm. Not as fast as some others, about 25mph, but fast enough. A real work horse. If you want to hill climb or play in the mud you would be better off with something else. If you want one to work, none better.

#4 ·
I have an older model 2500 & a 3010 model. Both have been dependable. One has over 1,200 hours & the other has just over 300 hours. I was on the 3010 model, with two benches for seats, the other day loaded with a dog box & pulling a two bench double axle quail buggy with 4 dogs & 3 shooters. The 3010 model did well in the "gumbo mud" we have in some spots here in Alabama. Tim Hall

#5 ·
We have one on the ranch I work at, and it is great for fixing fence and general ranch stuff. Use gas stabilizer in it, or non ethanol gas. Charlie

#6 ·
My buddy has a Mule, he's had good luck with it

I bought two John Deere Gators, I always thought the utes were way over rated, but when I broke down and bought one I wondered how I ever lived with out one, then my wife wanted one

We got them in diesel, but if I did it again I would go with gas

#7 ·
I have a 4010 with a factory cab (Curtis)on it to use on the farm. Haul feed and pull water tank most all year round, except when I use it for shooting. We play with it a little on a couple of dirt roads close by that really get muddy and swampy. Have never gotten stuck yet. We also use a gator but it is only two wheel drive and it works well when the fields a dry. I leave that at home for mama when I go shooting. Al Maly

#10 ·
I have had a Kawasaki ATV ( not a mule) since 2000. It is the best damned tool I ever bought and their auto tranny is second to none. I have never spent a dime on it other than oil and gas and filters and tires. It is bullet proof, grandkids abuse it and it keeps on chugging. You could not sell me another brand

#11 ·
High 2, the reason I bought them in diesel was everything we have is diesel, but the option was $1500 more than gas, they do shake a little when they are idling, and after I got them they came out with the 60hp (I think) fuel injected gasser, and it goes about twice as fast as the diesel, I think the gasser red lines at 5-6000 the diesel is about 3000 rpm

But they still go 35. I am going to start switching everything but the tractors to gas, tired of getting hosed on the price of diesel. I started running diesel when Ford came out with the 6.9 in 83, mostly because it was cheaper then, and they didn't watch burning the off road as much as they do now LOL

#14 ·
Love our 2003 3010 Mule. It does the work on our 50+ acre horse/Almost Wild Farm in central Ky. Firewood, hay for those d@^* horses and It entertains the wife's grandchildren.

We also have a 2014 800 efi Polaris Ranger. It goes to Arkansas for duty in the swamps and rice patties. Different requirements and a fabulous machine. Does not have the space that the Mule does but more powerful when needed.

We are fortunate to have good dealers here in Ky. You should consider this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.