Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Rapid on the next couple of weeks. If I take my trap gun are there places to shoot during the week?

Thanks Dusty

·
Premium Member
11,996 Posts
Not sure where to shoot, but be sure to see Rushmore and the Crazy Horse memorial. Devil's Tower is near by too, as well as the Little Big Horn.

Reactions: jmac_cope

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Just came from there
Mt Rushmore is a must see.
With all the pheasants in that state, spend a $120. And shoot live birds

·
Registered
461 Posts
Rapid City trap and skeet club south of the city. I was up there last month and shot skeet there. The trap folks that I met were very accommodating. Price for targets were very reasonable.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
DustyOne60, the club is open on Tuesday and Thursday late afternoon to early evenings (weather permitting). Send us a PM with dates you might want to shoot and if our schedules line up we will be more than happy to open up a trap for you. Might get the boys, Foster and Matt, to join in with you if that is ok.

Let us know what your favorite pie might be as I am sure we will need to have a snack after shooting.

The Bartholows

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I shoot there all the time since coming back to the game. Nice folks and very helpful, I have shot there on Sunday afternoons 1-3 if they are not having an event. They have even locked a trap in for me so I could shoot straightaways in order to adjust comb height. They have a nice website that will give you a lot of info (Rapid City Trap Club). rickster308

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
You don't get a better invitation or host than the one offered above by the Bartholow's. They do not know a stranger and there isn't a better ambassador to our sport then their family.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I wouldn't go there for a million bucks. Those Barthalinnis are fakers. They stole money from me on some bogus calendar scam...and have I won a gun?? Nooooo. And the 2 boys are just waiting to take your money. They don't shoot for fun, It's $400 a bird, I've heard.

But at least Char is hot. That's good for something, now that I think of it.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Denny, trying to get me going on a weekend?

The boys and I want to win a gun as well. It would be donated for a Youth raffle for a shooting team.

Yes, you are correct about Char. FYI, tomorrow is our 30th wedding anniversary. I have NO idea as to how Char has put up with me so long. At least she is only talking once a week about getting to meet you in person Denny.

If anyone is coming out this way, just let us know and we will try to answer any questions about the area or the RCTC(Rapid City Trap Club).

·
Registered
21,600 Posts

The boys and I want to win a gun as well. It would be donated for a Youth raffle for a shooting team.

Yes, you are correct about Char. FYI, tomorrow is our 30th wedding anniversary. I have NO idea as to how Char has put up with me so long. At least she is only talking once a week about getting to meet you in person Denny.

If anyone is coming out this way, just let us know and we will try to answer any questions about the area or the RCTC(Rapid City Trap Club).
Bud/Char,

Congrats to the both of you on your special day tomorrow. May God bless you both with many many more. I am proud to have been given the chance to get to know your family and consider it a honor to call y'all friends.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Well, I take back the negative words since tomorrow is a milestone anniversary for the Bartholowskis...and I wish them many happy returns. Their story is compelling and moving. The way they met when Char first sent letters to Bud while he was in prison, the whirlwind wedding before Bud was recaptured and finished his 15-year sentence...it's all like a fairy tale.

So again, Happy anniversary, folks. Hope to meet up with you again before too many moons.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Denny, you must have great sources to find out information of this magnitude. I did not think anyone would ever be able to find out this information, especially after the name changes.

Hard to believe it has been 30 years. Yes, that whirlwind wedding in Pukwana SD was special. Might have to post pix tomorrow.........

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Bud & Char, I too want to wish you both a wonderful day tomorrow. 30 years, wow, how fast the time goes by !!

Your marriage has produced two great young men, being around them both has shown me you both have great parenting skills.

Have a wonderful anniversary with your family and friends. Hope to see you soon!!

Tom

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
11o0, have a great time deer hunting. Seen some nice deer, both whitetails and mulies, the past couple weeks. Some areas have been hit by Blue Tongue depending on the area.

Bud

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
DustyOne60, the club is open on Tuesday and Thursday late afternoon to early evenings (weather permitting). Send us a PM with dates you might want to shoot and if our schedules line up we will be more than happy to open up a trap for you. Might get the boys, Foster and Matt, to join in with you if that is ok.

Let us know what your favorite pie might be as I am sure we will need to have a snack after shooting.

The Bartholows
I figured you folks would weigh in on this post.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts

Happy Anniversary Bud & Char!!

·
Premium Member
11,996 Posts
Favor to ask - NEMO, SD

Hi all, a favor to ask of you Rapid City dwellers. This past summer my son and I did a cross country road trip - passing through your part of the world - thanks to you all for the suggestions on what to visit/see - we had a great time. (I'd move there in a second)

We were traveling from the Crazy Horse Memorial heading to Devil's Tower and passed NEMO, SD - we stopped and took a photo - because who could resist 'finding Nemo?' Problem - the photo came out really blurry.

Was hoping one of you, in your travels might be able to take a picture of the city sign so my son can prove to his friends (OK, me to mine as well) that we FOUND Nemo??

THANKS!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts