Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

· Registered
526 Posts
Back when I was an impressionable teenager, I thought Robert Mitchum in Thunder Road was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I didn't take up moonshinin'. My parents wouldn't let me.

· Registered
642 Posts
Rap, crap, its all the same, tugs with guns and a bad attitude which are glorified as role models. Kids imitate these hoodlums with the clothing and stupid defiant behaviour, what is the excuse for this filth they call rap music? This rubbish promotes rape, drugs, murder all with a beat. I wouldn’t mind so much if only they focused on themes which do not undermine society and are free of profanities and vulgar behaviour.

Our youth and America deserves better.

Berettaman7

· Registered
1,042 Posts
my grandparents said rock -n- roll was not music by any stretch of the imagination. they're grandparents said swing was not music by any stretch of the imagination.

to quote a wise man..."what a drag it is gettin' old", eh?

· Registered
438 Posts
This thread started months ago. We can't stop it here. But we can stop it by telling the radio stations "no listeners- no ratings- no income."

A number of stations advertise on air "no rap played here." They "get it."

While there is a segment that likes rap, it does not have the income to support the radio advertisers.

· Registered
80 Posts
Rev, Mick Jagger is a wise man? I guess. I knew someone would put up your argument but time will tell. Do you honestly think we will be listening to rap 40 years from now like we are with 60's and 70's music now? No matter whether your grandpa thought swing was music or not has no bearing on whether rap is music or not. When you can put out an entire cd without a singer or musician it's hard to call that music, no I don't think someone talking with a beat machine backround is singing. Under your thinking I could record myself reading the phone book while banging on a trash can and call it music.

· Registered
13 Posts
I see absolutely nothing wrong with rap n hip hop music...i listen to it when i shoot and i'm doin just fine...the kids listening to it (myself included) aren't gonna go do the stuff in the music if they have half a brain...

· Registered
1,796 Posts
Rap music is bad....granted! But thats just the tip of the iceberg as for as the bad influences on our youth is concerned. How about all the other things that contribute to the problems?.....Things like a geedy,unfriendly,screwed up society, piss poor schools,years of rock and roll,loss of family values,drug abuse, to much given to them without them earning it,TV violence, social violence, few role models,no draft to teach discipline,etc,etc,etc...............We need to be concerned about and recognize ALL these bad influences,,,,not just one!

· Premium Member
12,792 Posts
In my opinion, if you have any kind of relationship with your kid at all, and if you talk to them and you show them by example what it means to be a responsible, moral, ethical citizen, that will hold a lot more water than the nonsense they hear on the radio.

My daughter, who likes rap music as much as I hate it, is now a freshman at Kansas State. She's a pretty smart kid. Just happens to listen to music I don't like (did your parents like YOUR music?)

Rachel Hopkins weighed in in a post above. Go look at her acheivements (outside of trap shooting.) I hear she's a pretty good student, in her high school band, AND won the Missouri State Handicap.

Strong family influence overcomes bad music influence.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.