Trapshooters Forum banner

Rap Music is undermining our Youth

3050 Views 73 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  timb99
The real problem is Rap music terms like Imus used are nothing compared to the vulgar words and ugly morals found in Rap music and vidios. The new acceptable terms for Black people is only they can call each other racial names but it is unacceptable and offensive from White people. The problem I have is 60% of Rap music is listened to by white youth and they are being subjected to foul language ghetto terms and low class morals. Sharpton and Jackson should start cleaning up in their own back yards first if they want to elevate the status of Black youth and Black people as a whole. I also think the money driven Music industry should be held accountable for the content within the music. I know this is impossible as the money is much more important than the moral issue and future of American youth both Black and White.

Buddy Walters
Fighting the Battle over Rap Music with two teenage Daughters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,476 Posts
The RAP/Hiphop music of todays teens is what's in style now. Just as rock and roll was when most of us were that age. Aside from the "doubtful" lyrics I don't think there's a teenager today who could identify any rap/hiphop song by the melody alone.

Give your kids some credit for having the common sense to know the difference between what's the latest fad now in music and what will have the long term staying power. Guarenteed in 5 years from now none of them will remember any of the current "hot hits".

Eric

· Registered
3,476 Posts
ljutic 73,

Sad to say that what you've written is true. OTOH you have to know that they specifically write those formula lyrics because it's what sells to the 10-35 age market. Business as usual I'm afraid.

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.